Skip to main content

Web series

If you know me you know what a fangirl I am for a good web series, I am going to recommend three new ones, that are currently running on youtube. I will link to the playlist, give a summary, share my own thoughts, and link to the channels twitter for each one. 
Barbell
summary: Two lesbian pop stars break up. They need to navigate fame, fans that think they’re still together, and their own lives. It just started today, and four episodes dropped. It uploads Mondays at 11 AM EST. Stars  Gwenlyn Cumyn from A4O as Alice + Karen Knox as Veronica. Also at the link is an interview with them, and Natasha Negovanlis, where they say that the series is going to talk about some dark, triggering stuff. 
Why you should watch: Lesbians need I say more? Also, it’s fresh, new, and creative and I just love it. It has a mostly female team, and the stars not only star, but they wrote and produce on the show. 
Maggie Hale’s Corner 
summary: Based on North& South by  English writer Elizabeth Gaskell.  Maggie Hale is a woman whose sister was in the army and lives in Spain, and so some of the videos are her speaking to her sister Francie, and some she speaks to you the viewer Maggie is a demisexual as stated in episode four of the series. The series might not be what you expect, but it still really works. 
Why you should watch: Not only is Maggie a really great character to watch, and not only does she have an interesting purpose, vlogging as a journalist and telling you about her life. The demi representation,  it’s there and I feel like this is a series where we will see more of it. I loved this series before it came out that Maggie was Demi, and I now love it even more. Uploads: Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. 
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MaggieHCorner. This is a transmedia
series, and the other media is linked here:http://inkstainproductions.wixsite.com/maggiehalescorner

Twincidents
Summary: Based on Comedy Of Errors by William Shakespeare Alex and Drew are adopted, siblings.    They are searching to find Alex’s family, and they’re so cute like I love them so much!!!!! They’re both different in their own way, but they’re a lot alike as well. 
Why you should watch: I mean the characters are just adorable, and it’s a lot of fun to watch. Also: Alex is bi as revealed in episode 3, and in that same episode it comes out that Drew is ace! It has representation! Adriana Alex’s girlfriend makes a vlog as episode 3, and she is adorable as well.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

Top Ten Tuesday- Books that make me smile

Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . This weekly meme was born out a love of lists, and bringing the book blogging community together. Each week, Jana will post a topic, and we readers will write a reply based on that. We also have the option of going off the chosen topic, and doing our own thing. This week our topic is Books Guaranteed to Put a Smile On Your Face. I put my own spin on this just for fun.   1- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albetalli 2- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 3- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo 4- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 5- Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks 6- Geekerella by Ashley Poston 7- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston 8- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston 9- Fearless (Fearless Series Book #1 ) by Mandy Gonzalez 10- The Chance to Fly by Ali Stoker and Stacy Davidowitz