Skip to main content

Musical Theatre Booktag!


Hello! I want to do the Musical Theatre book tag being a fan of theatre. The original source is the video, but I originally found out about it from Books&Writing Amino. I am going to be uploading the tags on Thursdays to get my blog going again, and because I find these book tags so much fun. I have a list of tags that I want to do, but feel free to suggest some you would like to see me do as well. Enjoy the tag I had a lot of fun doing this post for you all today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORkQsDVBJVA&feature=youtu.be
This is for this week's challenge.

1. Wicked - Favourite fictional friendship

When it comes to fictional friendship I have many that I love and adore. Emikia and the Phoenix Riders from the Warcross duology by Marie Lu. I give this prompt to them because they’re such a mixed bag of personalities and histories. This crew is like a family because they have trained together for a while, and in close quarters you become close to people. They help each other out and call each other out on things.

[IMG=IIU]


2. Sweeney Todd - Favourite villain

Martin from Simon vs the Homosapians Agenda by Becky Albertalli. I find this prompt odd because I have to think about what I was going to say. I liked Martin in the novel, well not like but he was more of a tolerable villain to me. I enjoyed his arc and I liked knowing why he did what he did, as well as his interacting with the rest of the characters in the book.




3. Phantom of the Opera - Favourite love triangle

I don’t know if I would call it a favorite, but I don’t read all that many love Triangles if I do I just don’t notice it. Feyre, Rhys, and Tamlin from the A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J Maas. The back and forth between these three in the series is fantastic, and I must not agree on the actions or like Tamlin as a character, I can say that he was a part of the love triangle and his interactions really made this book great. For me, these three were added drama and I could not wait to see where the three of them would go next.





4. The Lion King - Favourite sidekick

Felicity from The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee. Felicity is just as badass and that is why she gets the answer for this prompt. I love her character and how well rounded she was I loved reading about and her story. She was calling out Monty on all his shenanigans, and I loved her banter with Mony it was fantastic.




5. Grease - Least favourite ending

Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli. I wasn’t that I disliked the book or the ending of the book. For me, this book was all about the build-up and it was just that, build up that by the time the book ended it was very underwhelming.




6. Matilda: The Musical - Favourite adaptation of a book

Oh! I watch a lot of adaptations, but I am going to give this to The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. This is a book to film from Netflix which was delightful. Sure there were the differences between the two, but this is one of the best book to movies if not the best book to movie adaptation that I have ever seen in my life.

7. Les Miserables – fave death in a book?

Oh okay so I am not sure who to give this prompt to, deaths in books are so sad for me. Beth from Little Woman. I know what you’re thinking, but my feeling is that she is no longer sick, and so this is why this prompt goes to her. Plus, Little Woman is one of my favorite books.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

Top Ten Tuesday- Books that make me smile

Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . This weekly meme was born out a love of lists, and bringing the book blogging community together. Each week, Jana will post a topic, and we readers will write a reply based on that. We also have the option of going off the chosen topic, and doing our own thing. This week our topic is Books Guaranteed to Put a Smile On Your Face. I put my own spin on this just for fun.   1- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albetalli 2- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 3- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo 4- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 5- Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks 6- Geekerella by Ashley Poston 7- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston 8- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston 9- Fearless (Fearless Series Book #1 ) by Mandy Gonzalez 10- The Chance to Fly by Ali Stoker and Stacy Davidowitz