Skip to main content

Reader Problems Book Tag




1. You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
It depends on what I'm in the mood for. I will usually pick a read that I got the most recently, and knock that out, or I will read something that I've had on my tbr for a while. I will also use the internet, and people that I know that have read and enjoyed the book, so I will read that. Honestly, it will depend on a lot of different factors. If I have just read a heavy read, I will read a lighter read for a bit of a break. 
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
Honestly, 99.99% of the time I am committed to the book. If it is just a slow part I will push and power through it, I know that there is always something that is slow in the book. I may skip through a section, or read a section really fast, but I will almost always stick with the book and be committed to the book. 
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
If the end of the year is coming, and I have yet to meet my goal I will try and catch up yes. I'm the kind of person that reads more than one book at a time, and so I will just try my hardest to finish everything that I have left. I may start a new book in say December, and see if I can finish the book before the month is up. For my reading challenges, I will just use Goodreads and say that I will read x amount of books. I would like to try those read harder ones, but I feel like those are a little too structured for me. 
4. The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
I don't really mind I will read the series anyway. I usually by series together, but I'm not one of those readers who will make a big fuss because the covers of my books don't match. For me, It's more important that I love the story, the characters, and the world of the book, not the cover. 
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
In all honesty, I will probably not talk about the book with anyone. I have some people in my life that also read like I do, but we don't really discuss books all that much. I have people online that I talk about books with, and sometimes I will make a review, and get my feelings about the book out there. My mother doesn't read a lot of YA, but she will listen when I talk about different books that I might not love. 
6. You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
Honestly, I will just let it out. I cried in the middle of the hair salon one time, and I feel that people know that book readers are emotional. So that we all have strong emotions. 
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?

Maybe. If I loved the book and remember the major details than no. If it has been a while, then yes I will be rereading it. 
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
I will ask them if I could get them a copy as a gift. 
9. You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
Most likely I will read an old favorite, I will also read a light easy read. 
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?
One to four. I love reading books as they come out, so every few months I go to the bookstore and get the new releases I want. 
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
It depends, I have books that I will read right away, and so I will put on the back burner for a while. 

This tag is from https://booklovingnut.com/2015/02/04/reader-problems-book-tag/. I'm an avid reader and have always wanted to do one of these tags. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

Top Ten Tuesday- Books that make me smile

Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . This weekly meme was born out a love of lists, and bringing the book blogging community together. Each week, Jana will post a topic, and we readers will write a reply based on that. We also have the option of going off the chosen topic, and doing our own thing. This week our topic is Books Guaranteed to Put a Smile On Your Face. I put my own spin on this just for fun.   1- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albetalli 2- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 3- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo 4- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 5- Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks 6- Geekerella by Ashley Poston 7- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston 8- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston 9- Fearless (Fearless Series Book #1 ) by Mandy Gonzalez 10- The Chance to Fly by Ali Stoker and Stacy Davidowitz