Skip to main content

Weekly Challenge from Books & Writing Amino

Hello! I am a member of Books & Writing Amino. There are weekly challenges, and I am going to be more active with doing them, so I thought I would upload my blog here, and then upload them there as well. This weeks was the idea of Celine, and I thank her so much for it. The challenge was to shuffle your playlist and take 5-10 songs and connect them to a character. As an avid lover of music and books, this challenge was made for me.


1: The Abduction from Natasha, Pierre and Great Comet of 1812 (Off-Broadway cast recording)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT4KFjhhLCg

"Friends of my youth when shall we meet again?"

It seems like a cheating to pick Anatole who starts the song and forms the plan. I am going to say Tamlin from A Court of Thrones And Roses series by Sarah J. Maas. If you listen to the lyrics you might not see it, but I see that Tamlin is like Anatole, so my mind right to him.  I would say that Tamlin is the villain in the series, and although he didn't do it to the extent that Anatole tried to, Tamlin did kidnap Feyre. Also the style of the song I feel really suits him. Anatole and Tamlin are also both considered "pretty", but they learn nothing from the actions that they take.

2: I Won't Grow Up (Reprise) from Peter Pan Live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrbG2N3AEJk

"We trying to grow up."

Peter Pan from Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie. I am breaking my own rule here, but I could not think of nobody better than Peter for this one. Peter will remain a child essentially because it is just the way that he was raised.  Petter has no family, and so why would he change to pull himself from the people who raised him? This is pretty much a theme song for Peter Pan.

3: I Can Do That from A Chorus Line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnFy7TCM4Wk

"In nothin' flat. Hell, I can do that,"

Emika Chen from Warcross by Maire Lu.  I know that Emika is not a dancer, but I still saw some similarities. Emika is a hacker, and she is a very good one some might say the best hacker in Warcross. Hacking comes easily to her hence I used the lyric I did for this song. 

4: Regret It in the Morning - Sky-Pony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm3ceWPTKxE

"So I'll regret it in the morning Nah Nah."

Lara Jean Song Covey from To All the Boy's I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

Spoilers for the book and the movie

In the story, there is a hot tub scene where Lara Jean and Peter hang out in the hot tub. She will regret her decision in the morning because of the video that gets posted on social media. Lara Jean didn't ask to come into the hot tub, Peter was the one who told her that she should come in and in some ways, she broke the morals that she had.

5: A Change in Me from Disney On The Record (Beauty and the Beast)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFn7SFJvJZ8

"And I never thought I'd leave behind those childhood dreams, but I don't mind for now I love the world I love the world I see."

Lizzie Bennet from Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen. This song just screamed Lizzie to me, when it came up I knew what character I would use from the prompt.  Lizzie, when we first meet her, says that she would not marry Darcy. Lizzie is secure in her life that she will never need a man to make her happy, and I would say that she was very much a feminist. After spending time him and falling in love with him, the reader sees a change in Lizzie much like Belle sees a change in herself after time with the beast.

6: Welcome Home (Finale) from Bandstand

https://www.youtube.com/watchv=9yUFExKFIVg&list=PLNImgr2n7soaDdVJzAHFtagdFKoXazL0y&index=23

"Welcome home Welcome home Welcome home"

Ana from Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston

This one was a toughy. I would say that this song is about Ana, for those that don't know Heart of Iron is inspired by Anastasia but set in space. Ana is the long-lost princess who in the book returns back to the family she once had.

7: The Sound Of Music from The Sound Of Music Live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMvALdtrLzg&index=2&list=PLSXLdUibl5BCPmIDGywpvUV4ejUrmt6lh

"My heart will be blessed with the sound music and I'll sing once more."

Emmy King from The Brightersiders by Jen Wilde. Emmy King is a drummer in The Brighsiders, but in the book, she writes a song and performs it. When she sings the song called "ILY" and she hears how the fans react she knows she made the right choice. For me this song was more of the meaning, both Maria and Emmy love music and music has such an impact on their lives.

8: It Roars from Mean Girls the musical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgIXCdLaRCs

"Did you ever get a feeling that a whole is waiting to bring happiness and friends to the great girl who explores? Oh how it roars it roars."

Feyre Acheron from A Court of Thrones And Roses series by Sarah J. Maas. I am not sure if it's okay to use two characters from the same series. This song reminds me of Feyre because before she meets Rhys and his friends she is kind of a loner. Feyre is exploring a new life, and a new part of herself much like Cady in the song.

9: Does Anybody Have A Map? from Dear Evan Hansen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f1-QF9jvBM

"Does anybody have a map? Does anybody happen to know how the hell to do this?"

Cather Avery from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. So if this song was sung by Evan and not Heidi it would almost parallel Cath's life. I picked Cath because Cath has anxiety like Evan, and this is his mother trying to help him through his first day of school. I feel like the lyrics in the song are ones that Cath thinks all of the time. The theme of the song screams Cath to me, so I had to pick her for this prompt.

10: Take A Break from Hamilton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itKtosLoGk4

"I will try to get away"

Natasha “Tash” Zelenka from Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee

Now, some of you might be thinking what my logic was with this one as you listen to it. Tasha takes on so much work with the show that she never takes any time for herself. Much like Alexander Tash needs a break, and maybe she needs to delegate the task that she takes on. Both Alexnader and Natasha should practice self care, and take  some time for themselves.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

Top Ten Tuesday- Books that make me smile

Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . This weekly meme was born out a love of lists, and bringing the book blogging community together. Each week, Jana will post a topic, and we readers will write a reply based on that. We also have the option of going off the chosen topic, and doing our own thing. This week our topic is Books Guaranteed to Put a Smile On Your Face. I put my own spin on this just for fun.   1- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albetalli 2- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 3- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo 4- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 5- Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks 6- Geekerella by Ashley Poston 7- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston 8- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston 9- Fearless (Fearless Series Book #1 ) by Mandy Gonzalez 10- The Chance to Fly by Ali Stoker and Stacy Davidowitz