Skip to main content

Musical Theatre Themed Survey.

This is for today's Musical Monday's. Original Tumblr post: http://sofiahg.tumblr.com/post/148281817793/musical-theatre-themed-ask
Some musical theatre-related questions I often find myself thinking about:
1. What was the first musical you saw?
I am pretty sure it was Annie. 
2. What musical got you really into theatre?
This was definitely Les Miserables
3. Who was your first Broadway crush?
I don't remember
4. Name three of your current Broadway crushes.
I don't really have crushes on Broadway Actors
5. Name four of your dream roles.
1: Anya in Anastasia 
2: Phoebe in A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder 
3: Katherine in Newsies
4: Anyone in Les Miserables
6. Favourite off-broadway show:
Daddy Long Legs
7. Favourite cast recording.

So many omg. The Great Comet. 
8. 2013 Tony opening number or 2016 Tony opening number?
The 2013 Tonys opening number
9. Favourite show currently on Broadway.
Wicked closely followed by Anastasia and Waitress. 

10. A musical that closed and you’re still bitter about. Rant a bit.
I have three but I would like to give this question to A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder. I never saw it, but I heard that it was so funny. I love the cast recording. 
11. Best stage to screen adaptation?
Best? I don't know but I enjoy the Chicago Movie. 
12. Worst  stage to screen adaptation?
I'm not sure
13. Favourite #ham4ham?
Schuyler George's 
14. A musical you would love to see produced by Deaf West?
Something classic like Fiddler on the Roof
15. If you could revive any musical, which one would it be and who would you cast in it?
I'm not sure
16. If you could go to a concert at the 54 below, who’s would it be?
Laura Osnes
17. Do you watch broadway.com vlogs? Which one is your favourite?
I enjoyed Think Pink
18. Make a broadway related confession.
Cats is my least favorite musical.
19. What do musicals mean to you?
For me, they're calming and they take away from the world. 
20. Express some love for understudies and swings!
I feel that they work just as hard as the other actors. I feel that they might not get as much appreciation that they deserve. 
21. Best Disney musical:
Top 4? I can't pick just 1 it's hard. Beauty and the Beast, Mary Poppins, Newsies, and Frozen. 
22. Which Disney movie should be made into a musical?
Hercules 
23. Which musical fandom has the funniest memes?
Les Miserables
24. Name a character from a musical you would sort into your Hogwarts house.
I feel that Matilda Wormwood is a Ravenclaw. 
25. Name a Broadway star you would sort into your Hogwarts house.
I'm not even sure
26. Best on stage chemistry?
I have seen many productions and think that Christy Altomare and Zach Adkins as Anya and Dima in Anastasia 
27. A Broadway duo you love.
I'm not sure 
28. What book, tv show, movie, biography, video game, etc. should be turned into a musical?
I would like to see a Game of Thrones Musical. I'm not sure how it would work, but I think that people would enjoy it. 
29. If you could make a jukebox musical, what artist or genre would you pick?
Singer-songwriters 
30. Favourite role played by _________________? 
I am going to use Sierra Boggess for this question and say Lily in The Secret Garden. 
31. What musical has made you cry the most?
Les Miserables without a doubt. 
32. What musical has made you laugh the most?
Something Rotten I loved it so much. 
33. Current show tune stuck in your head:
Times Are Hard for Dreamers from Amelie. 
34. A musical that has left you thinking about life for a long time or deeply inspired you.
The Great Comet inspired me to think outside of the Musical Theatre box. 
35. If you could perform any ensemble number , which one would you pick?
Dancing Through Life from Wicked. 
36. Name a musical you didn’t like at first but ended up loving.
I would not say I love it, but I was so against Be More Chill the first time I listened to it. 
37. What are some costumes you’d love to try on?
1: Anya's blue dress from Anastasia 
2: Phoebe's light blue outfit from A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder
3: Katherine's pink dress from Newsies 
4: Janis's jean jacket from Mean Girls
38. Favourite dance break.
The one in Stop from Mean Grils 
39. Favourite Starkid musical:
Twisted 
40. What’s a musical more people should know about?
Amelie! I never got to see it but I love the cast recording so much. 
41. What are some lines from musicals you really like?
None are coming to me at the moment. 
42. Name a Tony performance you rewatch and rewatch.
The Great Comet in 2017 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

Top Ten Tuesday- Books that make me smile

Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . This weekly meme was born out a love of lists, and bringing the book blogging community together. Each week, Jana will post a topic, and we readers will write a reply based on that. We also have the option of going off the chosen topic, and doing our own thing. This week our topic is Books Guaranteed to Put a Smile On Your Face. I put my own spin on this just for fun.   1- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albetalli 2- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 3- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo 4- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 5- Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks 6- Geekerella by Ashley Poston 7- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston 8- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston 9- Fearless (Fearless Series Book #1 ) by Mandy Gonzalez 10- The Chance to Fly by Ali Stoker and Stacy Davidowitz