Skip to main content

Currently Reading

Hey everyone Steph here and today I am going to talk about the books I am currently reading.  It's not a December TBR because I have been reading most of them of months now. My end of the year goal is to finish all of these.

Hiddensee by Gregory Maguire


This is the only book I have not started yet. It is a retelling of The Nutcracker. I have read Maguire's Wicked series and loved that. I picked this month to read this book because it is perfect for the Holiday season.

The Romanov Sisters: The Lost Lives of the Daughters of Nicholas and Alexandra by Helen Rapaport



Now, this is not my usual genre of reading. I love History and Anastasia so this is a combination of both. This is a book about what happened to Olga, Tatiana, Maria, and Anastasia Romanov. It talks about their lives and I love it.

I am on page 206 of the story,  but I am reading the notes in the back of the book as I read. I have about 9 chapters of this book left

The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee

This is a sequel to a Historical Fiction I read last year. I loved because it was different from any other Historical I've read. I love following Felicity on her journey and seeing the world from her perspective.

I am 32% done this book. I daresay that this has been one of my favorite books of the year.

Dear Evan Hansen by Val Emmich


Being a fan of the musical, I knew that I would need to check out this book. I love the book so far. I feel it has the moments of the musical while still telling a story of its own. I might not love a certain plot point, but that does not mean I do not enjoy this story as a whole.

I am 46% done so in a few weeks I should finish this book.

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy



I have been reading this for going on two years March. I need to read it in chunks because otherwise, it is just a lot. I love most of the story and the characters, I just feel like the war sections go on forever and are much longer than needed to make the point.

I am 47% done so maybe I can finish it by the two-year mark.

P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

This is an ebook I started back in the summer. I do love it, so frankly I am not sure why it is taking me so long to finish it. I hope to finish this book by the end of the month as well. 

I am 62%  done this book.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

Top Ten Tuesday- Books that make me smile

Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . This weekly meme was born out a love of lists, and bringing the book blogging community together. Each week, Jana will post a topic, and we readers will write a reply based on that. We also have the option of going off the chosen topic, and doing our own thing. This week our topic is Books Guaranteed to Put a Smile On Your Face. I put my own spin on this just for fun.   1- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albetalli 2- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 3- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo 4- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 5- Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks 6- Geekerella by Ashley Poston 7- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston 8- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston 9- Fearless (Fearless Series Book #1 ) by Mandy Gonzalez 10- The Chance to Fly by Ali Stoker and Stacy Davidowitz