Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday- Books on my tbr I haven't read and why



Hi! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by Jana @ thatartsyreadergirl. This weekly meme was born out of a love of lists and bringing the book blogging community together. Our topic for this week is Books on our tbr that we have not read and why. This topic was suggested by Caitlin Althea. I picked books that I own either as a physical book or an Ebook.

1- Renegades by Marissa Meyer

I love Superheros so I’m not sure why I have not read this yet. This is the only book I have by her, but I will get The Lunar Chronicles for Christmas this year. The author is beloved in the community and the trilogy seems to be hyped. Hype and this book not living up for the hype for me is why I have not picked this up.

2- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

I wanted to put a classic on this list. This book is a classic and I have a feeling why I have not read this yet is because it’s a classic and I feel I need to enjoy it because it’s so beloved. My reasoning for this is the pressure I feel to love this story because others love it. This is a more personal pressure combined with the hype.

3- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

A Historical Fiction on this list because I’m me. Hype is the only reason I have not read this book yet. I plan on reading it soon and calling it research because I’m writing a Historical Fiction for National Novel Writing Month this year. I’m told the book is good I just need to open the Ebook and start it.

4- The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo

Here is when you all throw things at me because I haven’t read this yet. I know this is a beloved series. Hype and length are why I have not read this series yet. I feel like I need the story to live up to the hype in my head. I will start it before the end of the year, it’s a personal goal and I want to achieve it. The other thing about this book is have you seen that this bind up of the first three Ebooks is over 900 pages?!

5- Bookish Boyfriends A Date With Mr. Darcy

I love Pride & Prejudice and I’m not sure why I have picked this Ebook up yet. My reasoning for this is just time and distractions. I will pick up other books and just forget about this one. There is another book out now and I want to get that book as well.

6- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff

A friend and fellow blogger Mir from TBRandBeyond loves this book and yet I still have not read it. In my defense, I picked this up when it was a Kindle deal a few months ago or even last month. I want to read this before the end of the year so I can hop on the train of people who have read this trilogy. Hype is my reason for not reading this.

7-A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer

I love retellings as all probably know by now. This is another book I got a few months ago, and I just forgot about. I try not to plan out my tbr as much because I feel like I can’t finish a book that way. I’m a big mood reader and I just have books I want to be the mood for. Mood is the reason why I haven’t read this on yet. The story seems fantastic and I really do want to read it at some point this year.

8-Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi

I know I just said I don’t plan my tbr but I want to read this one next month or in November. This book seems so great and it seems like something I would enjoy. I have had this book for years and yet it remains unread sitting on my Kindle app. This is another moment of time and I just forget about it until I was grabbing books for this post.

9- Three Dark Fates by Kendare Blake

This is the first in a Fantasy series which has 5 books? At least four books I believe. Anyway, this one is hype because I’ve heard that fans loves this and there are some that have mixed reviews on this series. I want to read it because I loved the summary. I picked this up when it was a Kindle Deal.

10- The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli

As you may know, Becky Albertalli is one of my favorite authors. I hear little about this book but I think this is more a case of me getting newer books and just forgetting about this one. 

Comments

  1. I totally understand feeling pressured to like classics. The same thing has happened to me for other books.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels pressure to like the classics.

      Delete
  2. The Grisha Trilogy and Anne of Green Gables are good. I read Anne in middle/high school so I don't think it uses difficult, old-timey language at least (some classics do). You don't have to read all three Grisha books at once, so don't let that 900 pages intimidate you (think of it as three 300 page books).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I might spread the Grisha verse our or read one of the books a month. I know I'm behind but I don't want to get even more behind if you know what I mean?

      Delete
  3. OOh nice picks! I ADORED A Curse So Dark and Lonely! It's a pretty magical Beauty and the Beast retelling! I too still need to start Renegades! Mostly I had planned to binge it when it was a duology, then it was made into a trilogy and then they are so huge! Lol. It's usually a matter of time too and wanting to read ALL the books at once but can't physically or mentally handle that!

    Thanks for visiting my TTT post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been enjoying the Kendare Blake series a lot. I'm not having much luck getting to Nevernight though- I just seem to put off trying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like a great series but time and the hype prevent me from reading it.

      Delete
  5. I understand your thinking about Anne of Green Gables. I didn't grow up with it but read it recently, and I like but don't love it. Still, I can see where as a girl I would have loved the character and she would have made a real impression on me. I haven't read the whole Grisha series but I LOVED Six of Crows and its sequel. I hope you get to it. My list is at https://wp.me/pVH00-3zh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad someone understand my reasoning for not reading Anne of Green Gables yet.

      Delete
  6. I was really surprised at how much I loved Curse So Dark because I'm getting really sick of Beauty and the Beast retellings but this one dida really good spin I think. Great list!

    www.tbrandbeyond.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed it! I want to read it even more knowing that.

      Delete
  7. Emergency Contact was super cute! I definitely enjoyed it. And The Book Thief is one of the books that got me into YA many, many years ago so I feel like I'm always encouraging others to read that one. Regardless, I hope that you enjoy these when/if you get to them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of