Skip to main content

Bookending Winter post # 1- End of the Year Book Survey!!!




Hello! My week got a little crazy, but I'll talk about that in an update post. I wanted to do something today, and when I found this Books Survey, it was perfect for my first post for Bookending Winter. I copied the questions from Here. The Original creator is  Jamie (The Perpetual Page Turner). 

Let's get started 

Reading Stats

Number Of Books You Read: 38 with Four on Deck (As of 12/6/19)
Number of Re-Reads: 3 Fangirl, Carry on By Rainbow Rowell, and The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan 
Genre You Read The Most From: Contemporary 

Best in Books

1. Best Book You Read In 2019?
Best Book? Well, I have a lot of opinions on the books I've read this year. Best is a strong word, but I have to say The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid. This was my first book by her, and I adored it. 
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
A Map of Days by Ransom Riggs. I had enjoyed the rest of the series, but this book felt like the first book in a new series, not the fourth book of a continuing series. My biggest beef was that half of the characters you have come to love were not that present in story as much as the rest. The plot was a little clunky in places, and the pacing was all over the place. I will continue with the series, as I want to know where the story goes.   
3. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I'm not sure about this one. I've talked about my love for The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, so I'm going with that. 
4. Best series you started in 2019? Best Sequel of 2019? Best Series Ender of 2019?Best Series was The Folk Of Air Trilogy. I don't have The Queen of Nothing yet, but I hope to get it soon. I binged the first two when The Wicked King came out. Best Sequel was The Wicked King, I loved getting back into that world. I have read no series enders this year. 
5. Favorite new author you discovered in 2019?
Is it wrong to use Taylor Jenkins Reid for three questions in this? Maybe, but I will use Taylor Jenkins Reid. I read two books by her this year, and I really enjoyed them both. 
6.Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Soul of Stars by Ashley Poston. I'm not the biggest reader of Sci-Fi, but I was captivated by this Duology. This was a sweet wrap up to Heart of Iron. 
7. Book You Read In 2019 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills. This book got me out of a bit of a book slump, and I read it in about two weeks. I have a feeling that I will read it every summer. 
8.Favorite cover of a book you read in 2019?Hello Girls by Brittany Cavallaro and Emily Henry. I love the girls on the cover, and I think it captures the girls well. 
9. Most memorable character of 2019?
This is a tough question for me, but I have to give it to Winona Olsen from Hello Girls. She had things thrown at her left and right, and she had situations that were out of her control, and she still remained strong in the end






10. Most beautifully written book read in 2019?
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Barudgo. I know I'm not finished yet, but I want to give this prompt to that book. This is a beautiful story, and I love the characters, plot, and the world so far.  
11.Most Thought-Provoking Book of 2019?
All I Know Now: Wonderings and Reflections on Growing Up Gracefully by Carrie Hope Fletcher. This is part memoir, part advice, and it really made me think about my own life. 
12.Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2019 to finally read?
The Cruel Prince by Holly Black. I should have read this book sooner than I did, but I just never did. 
13. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2019
Hotel Dare- 144 pages E Arc) and the longest is The Lost Hero- 557 pages. 
14. Book That Shocked You The Most
Enchantee by Gita Trelease because the main character's brother is such a bad person, and his actions were shocking. 

15. Favorite Book You Read in 2019 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
The Princess and the Fangirl by Ashley Poston. I had read Heart of Iron last year, and I wanted to read everything I could by her. I loved this companion novel to Geekerella
16. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2019?Weldon from Comics Wil Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks. He's so nerdy and sweet. 
17. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. This is one of the few true fantasy series I started this year. 
18Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy: A Graphic Novel by Rey Terciero and art by Bre Indigo. This was a Modern Adaptation of Little Women, and it was so much fun. It has elements of the original novel, in the character names, and some plot points. The novel takes a new direction with the modern elements, which was so much fun to read.  
19. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2019?
This is the fourth time I will have mentioned The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, but I cried so much reading it. 
20.Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Romanov by Nadine Brandis. It promised me a book that was like Anastasia, and oh boy did this book deliver. I loved every moment of this book, and I read it during my busiest month of the year!!!
21. Most Unique Book You Read In 2019?Mary Poppins by P. L. Travers. Yes, this is these are the stories the movie is based on. I loved the stories, some more than others. 
22.Best Audiobook Narrator?
N/A I don't listen to Audio Books even though I should.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

Top Ten Tuesday- Books that make me smile

Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . This weekly meme was born out a love of lists, and bringing the book blogging community together. Each week, Jana will post a topic, and we readers will write a reply based on that. We also have the option of going off the chosen topic, and doing our own thing. This week our topic is Books Guaranteed to Put a Smile On Your Face. I put my own spin on this just for fun.   1- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albetalli 2- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 3- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo 4- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 5- Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks 6- Geekerella by Ashley Poston 7- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston 8- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston 9- Fearless (Fearless Series Book #1 ) by Mandy Gonzalez 10- The Chance to Fly by Ali Stoker and Stacy Davidowitz