Skip to main content

In the Queue Where it Happens

 


Hi! This is a post I did a few weeks ago, and I want to do another one. This post is a place for me to discuss other media I'm enjoying right now that isn't books. Yes, the title of this post is inspired by Hamilton. 

TV

I have watched nothing other than The Food Network for weeks. I have plans to finish One Day at A Time. I need to get back to High School Musical: The Musical: The series enjoyed what I watched of that show, and it brought back so much nostalgia from watching the movies. Julie and the Phantoms and Emily in Paris on my list, I've been told by a few people that I would enjoy them.  Eventually, I would like to get to The Babysitters Club on Netflix. 

Movies

I finally watched a movie last Tuesday! The Disney Channel wasn't in the house when I was younger, so I watched Halloweentown. I really enjoyed it, and I plan on finishing the rest of those this month. It's a spooky season, so I'll be watching other Halloween related movies this month. On the list is Beetlejuice, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Hocus Pocus. I have Little Women and The Secret Garden on my list as well. I have never read the book Rebecca, but I think I'll watch that adaption when it drops on Netflix this month.   

Musicals and Music

If you're new here, you have to know that I am a massive fan of musicals, and they're my other passion in life. I wouldn't be me if I didn't take a little time in these posts to talk about what Musicals and music I've been enjoying lately. I will include Spotify links, just in case, you would also like to listen to them. The first musical I have really been loving lately is Matt Doyle. I love it because it includes songs that I really grew up with, and I love the story, I have never seen the movie, but I want to try and find a way to watch it. I mentioned this is my last post, but I am still really loving & Juliet. For all the Percy Jackson, and mythology fans, The Lightning Thief, The Percy Jackson Musical, is excellent. Listen to the Off-Broadway Cast Recording Here

Podcasts

I have not listened to a Podcast in a while, but I'm a fan of The Adventure Zone, and Broadwaysted. I just need to get caught up with the episodes. 

Games and Streams

I'm not much of a gamer, but I am really enjoying playing Among Us with friends. In terms of watching, I am loving the game Hades; I think I would enjoy playing it, but I don't think I would be good at those runner games. I'm a massive fan of twitch streams, but I stay within my niche of watching Broadway Actors, and friends they raid the viewers to at the end of streams. I want to highlight three streamers in this post today. Codyjstrand is a variety streamer that hosts Broadway Karaoke with  Twitch Sings every Saturday from 7-10 EST.  Alex Boniello is a cohost of Broadway Jackbox and a variety streamer. He is playing Hades, but I feel he might switch to scary games for October. Matt Doyle plays Fall Guys and Is playing Dead by Daylight. Tonight, he will start Outlast 2. it might bias me, but I'm also a moderator for his channel, so I hope you stop by if you like scary games. 

The other stream I'm loving lately is Broadway whodunit. This Murder mystery series was created by Andrew Barth Feldman and the Starkid episode is Sunday Night. Click here to look at the cast and get a ticket, Andrew is also hosting Barthtober Fest. Click here to see the dates and follow him for updates.




Writing 

I don't talk about it much here, but my plan is to talk about it more because I enjoy discussing my process, and my characters. National Novel Writing Month happens in November, and I am going to spend this month planning my story, I'm very excited to share this story, and once I know more, I'll do a post here about the characters, and the plot. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of