Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday--Books/ series I read/ am reading because they were recommend to me

 


Hi! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by Jana @thatartsyreadergirl. This meme was made out of a love of lists and bringing us book bloggers together. Each week, Jana will post a prompt, and we the bloggers will make a post based on that prompt, or not. This week is books I've read based on recommendations from others. 

1- The Grisha Universe by Leigh Bardugo (Good reads/ General Hype)

I started The Grisha Universe in December 2019, and I have since moved onto Six of Crows. I enjoy this world, these characters, and this writing so much, and I can’t wait to continue. The last book in the current duology about one of the characters from the original trilogy will end next year. While I do miss Alina, I prefer the characters from Six of Crows more.

2- A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas (GR/Blogs/hype)

I’ve talked about this series for years on my blog. I love for SJM and I’ll read her books. Back in 2018, I had heard so much hype from Good Reads, Bloggers, and other bookish sites that I had to see if it lived up to the hype. Boy, am I glad because I fell so hard for this series. I enjoyed the Novella, which had mixed reviews from others, but I thought it was fun, and I really enjoyed the vibes. I’m not eh biggest fan of the one sister that has a romance in the new book coming out next year, but I’ll read it, anyway.

3- The Cruel Prince and The Wicked King by Holly Black (GR/Hype)

I once again followed the hype and read two books in this trilogy. I have not read the third one yet because I don’t want it to end, but maybe that one, and the Cardan one before the end of the year. I loved Jude, and I didn’t like Taryn at all. Cardan was okay mostly, but I prefer Rhys from ACOTAR.

4- Royal Holliday by Jasmine Guillory( my sister)

My sister just got me this book a few days ago, and I’m so glad she did. She read the first two as a part of Reese Weatherspoon’s book club. But I hadn’t started the series until the third one. The book is very cute based on the first four chapters, and I can’t wait to see where it goes from the rest of the book. I’m also very much enjoying the characters.

5-Tweet Cute by Emma Lord (TBR and Beyond Facebook Group/Bloggers)

If you’re looking for a nice bookish community on Facebook, check out our group, we’re a lot of fun, and we have challenges. Members of this group and other bloggers were raving about this book, and after reading it, I can see why I’m so glad I took their advice and read it because this romance was just so cute and I loved the characters so much.

6- My Dear Hamilton by Stephanie Dray, and Laura Kamoie (friend)

My friend Cat had texted me and asked me if I had read this book. I had not, so I waited until it was on sale, and grabbed the Ebook. I’m enjoying it. Over the last few years, I’ve read a lot of Hamilton books, and this is the best one by far. I love how much research was put into this story, and how the characters come alive on the page like the real-life people they were.

7- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (GR/Bloggers/Hype)

I rode the hype train all the way to grab a copy of this Ebook. I’m so glad I did because it’s one of the best books I’ve read in the last few years. Just after I started the book, I could tell it was something special, and I could see why it was such a hyped novel. I loved Evelyn and Celia, and I can’t wait for her new book to come out next year.

8-Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (Hype)

It’s been so long that I forget where the Fangirl hype got started. I wasn’t blogging that much at the time I read the novel, so it must have been Goodreads. Anyway, you all know how much I love this novel and the principal character Cath. The romance in this novel is also super sweet.

9- The Percy Jackson Universe by Rick Riordan (TBR and Beyond FB Group/ Bloggers/ Hype)

I think I saw a lot of this book on TBR and Beyond, and various bloggers at the time I started the series.  This is an MG series, but even as an adult, I love it so much and I love all the characters. My favorites are Annabeth, Percy, and Hazel. I just started House of Hades, and even though I’m only 18 pages in, I already love the story so much.

10-The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (TBR and Beyond/Bloggers/Hype)

They talked this series about so much across multiple platforms that I just knew I had to read it just to see if it was worth the hype. Four books in, and I can say for this series is one of my favorites. I love Cinder, Cress, and Winter. 

Comments

  1. I've heard good things about Tweet Cute.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't enjoy Tweet Cute by Emma Lord, but I really liked The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid! Great list. Here is my TTT list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have to read the Siege and Storm and then move on to the most recent release in the series. So far though my favorites are the Six of Crows duology. I can't wait for the tv adaptation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love A Court of Thorns and Roses... I am obsessed. I have the Cruel Prince on my TBR! I also loved the Lunar Chronicles. Your TTT list is great!!

    My post: https://herbookishdesires.wordpress.com/2020/10/20/%f0%9f%93%96top-ten-tuesday-books-i-read-because-someone-recommended-them/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Fangirl too and would probably have never read it if not for book bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great books on this list! I've heard so much good about Tweet Cute too :) great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Lunar Chronicles are so good! I still haven't read any of Maas's books but I'll have to correct that oversight soon. Everyone seems to love her books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great reads on your list. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo is a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of