Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday- Pet names taken from books



 Hi! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by Jana @thatartsyreadergirl. This is a weekly meme where book bloggers get together and talk about books based on a prompt. Each week, Jana will post a prompt, and we have a chance to talk about the books we love based on the prompt. This week, our topic is characters I’d name a pet after submitted by Nushu @ Not A Prima Donna Girl. I prefer cats, so all these are names I think would work for a cat.

1- Annabeth from The Percy Jackson series and other books

 

Annabeth is one of my favorite characters from all the series she appears in. From the time I met her in The Lightning Thief, I enjoyed how bold she was, and how she took no prisoners.

2- Eurydice from Never Look Back and Greek Mythology

I’m currently reading Never Look Back, and I’m very much enjoying the character of Eurydice in the novel. As a fan of Greek myth, and the musical Hadestown, I knew that Eurydice would need to appear in this post. I’ve enjoyed her as a character since I met her when I started listening to Hadestown a few years ago. In Never Look Back, she has the kind, shy, and willing to help the ones she loves personality I love. 

3- Simon from The Simon Verse (Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda, Leah on the Offbeat, Love Creekwood, and The Upside of Requited)

I’ve talked a lot about this in the past, but I love Simon, and I knew I needed some more male characters in this post. I love that Simon does theater, and I love his relationship with Bram.

4- Percy from Percy Jackson and other books

I’ve talked a lot about these books in the past, but I love Percy and I knew that I would need to use him for this post. I love how much he cares about others, and how much he will fight for the ones he loves.

5- Feyre from A Court of Thorns and Roses Series

I knew I needed some fantasy in this post, and this is where Feyre comes in. I love this series, and I love how bold she is in the books. She is also a badass in the books.

6- Molly from The Upside of Requited and The American Girl franchise

 

Molly from the Upside of Unrequited is one of my favorite characters not just of 2020, but in every book, I’ve ever read. I love her personality and I relate to her as a character. I added another character because she was my American Girl doll when I was a kid, and I really liked her as a character.

7- Elizabeth from Pride & Prejudice, My Dear Hamilton, and the Alex & Eliza Trilogy

 

I love Pride& Prejudice as a classic novel. Elizabeth is one of my favorite characters in lit, and I love her so much. The other Elizabeth is Eliza from My Dear Hamilton, and Alex & Eliza. I’ve loved Hamilton for years and I love Eliza as a character.

 

8- Orpheus from Never Look Back, and Greek Mythology

 

This is another character from Myth and Never Look Back. I enjoy him as a character, and I love how he cares about Eurydice. He’s also an artist, and I relate to that part of him.

9- Anastasia from Romanov and the Romanov Sisters

 

I love Anastasia so much, and I wanted to include her in this post. I love the musical, and the two books I included in this post. She’s so brave, and I love that about her.

 

10- Alina from The Grisha Trilogy

 

  Alina is another one who I just met late last year, and I read more of early this year. I love Alina because she is a badass, and she is just so much fun to read about in her story. 

Comments

  1. You mean Orpheus didn't come from the Matrix movies? It is a good name for a pet. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/11/ttt-111720.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly is a wonderful pet name.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these names, but I especially love the ones from Greek mythology. Now I'm wishing I had chosen Hecate in my post. Doesn't she have a catty feel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greek mythology names are the actual best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all fun pet name choices. I especially like Alina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Annabeth a lot. And Molly too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Molly's one of my favorites too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Molly is just the sweetest choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feyre and Alina will both be great pet names! Thanks for stopping by our TTT earlier this week, hope you will have a wonderful weekend.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think all of these would be great cat names, especially Simon and Molly. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of