Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday-Anticipated Releases for the second half of the year

 


Hi! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by Jana@thatartsyreadergirl. This meme was born out a love of lists and bringing the book blogging community together. Each week, Jana will post a prompt, and we bloggers make a list as a response to the prompt. We also have the option of going rogue and doing our own thing. This week, I revised my New Releases 2021 Shelf on Goodreads and looked at releases I can't wait for in the second half of the year. 

1- Anyway the Wind Blows (Simon Snow # 3) by Rainbow Rowell

I’ve read the other books in this series and enjoyed them. According to Instagram, this will be the biggest book in this series, and I’m so excited to read it!

2- Battle of the Bands by Various

I have read a few authors who contributed to this anthology, and they all follow music. I will try to work this onto my tbr when I want a variety of stories. I might pre-order it, or I’ll just grab the Ebook after it comes out.

 3- Here’s to Us (What If It’s Us # 2) by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera

I loved What If It’s Us so much and was so excited when I heard we were getting a sequel! I can’t wait to see what Arthur and Ben are up to in this book. I believe I will definitely preorder this book, so I can start it right away. 

4- You Can Go Your Own Way by Eric Smith

After loving Don’t Read The Comments this year Eric Smith was put on my radar. This book sounds so cute and I can’t wait to see where the story goes. I love pinball and arcades and live around Philadelphia, so this book seems like something I would like. 

5- All’s Well by Mona Awad

 

This is an adult book, but it involves the theater. This novel seems like it could get intense, but I’m still looking forward to reading it.

6-Everything Within and in Between by Nikki Barthelmess

This is a YA Contemporary that was brought to my attention earlier in the year. I feel like I will love the story, and Rhi as a character, so I can’t wait to read it. 

7-If This Gets Out by Sophie Gonzales, Cale Dietrich

I adored Perfect on Paper earlier this year, and I added this to my tbr right after I heard about it. I love the sound of the characters being in a band, and there may be something going on between two of the band members.

8- A Lot Like Adiós by Alexis Daria

 

I don’t read a lot of romances, but I added this one because the cover caught my attention. This book seems like it’s so cute because it’s a second chance romance with childhood best friends.

9- As If on Cue by Marisa Kanter

I can’t wait for this YA novel about two people who need to fight for the school arts department budget! I am imagining this book will be light-hearted and serious. 

10- Daughter of the Deep by Rick Riordan

If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you know that I love Rick Riordan from his work with the Percy Jackson franchise. I am looking forward to reading Rick’s foray into Sci-Fi and seeing where this story goes. 

Comments

  1. I might pick up the new Rick Riordan, I loved Percy Jackson but I didn't get on with the spin off series I tried. So will be interesting to try something new from him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Lot Like Adios does sound like a good read!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-most-anticipated-books-of-the-second-half-of-2021/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've got lots of fun reading ahead of you. Enjoy!

    Happy TTT!

    Susan
    www.blogginboutbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daughter of the Deep is the one book this year I am so eager for.

    I hope you enjoy your reads when you can read them.

    Here's my post: https://readbakecreate.com/?p=441

    ReplyDelete
  5. Battle of the Bands seems like so. much. fun. I'll have to read it when it's out. Have fun reading these, if you get to them!
    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday list this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Thanks for stopping by Letrice.

      Delete
  6. Great list and I hope you find and enjoy all of these!
    These are the books I am most excited about reading in the next few months!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This reminds me that I really need to pick up You Had Me at Hola. I hope you enjoy all these titles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also need to pick up You Had Me at Hola. Thanks for stopping by Alicia.

      Delete
  8. If This Gets Out sounds really good and I loved the author's last book too. I hope all of these are great reads for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still need to read Rick Riordan's books. I can't believe I haven't read any yet! Although, I know a lot of patrons at the library are looking forward to Daughter of the Deep, too (and it's got a really pretty cover).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of