Skip to main content

Chapter 4 Transmedia Phoebe’s Journal entry (NaNo2016)



Date November 4th, 2016

They say that I should write down my feelings, and that way I can communicate with people about my feelings together because they saw that I could be better at talking, they mean just in general but more specifically they mean my feelings. By they, I mean everyone in my life that means a lot to me: my family, my therapist, Rhi, my other friends, and even teachers that don’t really know me. I could be better at talking about my feelings, but I feel that talking about them would just stress me out more than it already does, so I just prefer to shut down and not really deal with feelings. The funny thing that I think that I could be a better person if I talked about my feelings more, and I feel that it would help people get to know me better I might get better at letting people in as well. I’m very happy with my life except for the fact that I get stressed and anxious very easily, and the fact that I don’t talk about my feelings with other people. I’m always for trying to be a better person, and better myself but I feel like I can’t because not talking about my feelings all the time is something that I like, I don’t want to be seen as a weak person. I feel like my reason is complicated, and a little odd I know because I won’t even let my family or the girl that I really like, I’m still very confused about my feelings for her but I really feel like I do love her.

I’d like to tell you a little bit about me, and what is going on in my life right now even though I’m the only one that is going to be reading this, so it’s like I’m reading and writing about myself. I’m sixteen I turned sixteen not that long ago, under two months ago and people say that sixteen is the age that people don’t like because it’s an awkward limbo of being an adult, and still being a minor. I’m a sophomore in high school; and let me tell you it’s a time I feel like I know what I want to do, but I have all this self-doubt about actually making it as a journalist I’d like to be a political journalist I love politics, but I don’t see myself as a senator or a governor I want to write about politics, I don’t want to really be in them. The funny thing is that in this world of digital media I would like to write for a newspaper, rather than an online publication I just love the hustle and bustle of the newsroom. I’m a writer for my school’s newspaper, and they call me one of the more prominent writers on our schools newspaper. I am also the sectary for my class in student council, this is another reason why I don’t think that I’m really cut out for politics I don’t like the way people treat others, kids say some mean things about other things and so I just want to be a writer.


They say that I should talk about my family members and Rhi in these journal entries, I don’t know why but they say that it might help me open up to them if I write what I think, but I ‘m worried that they might read this. I’ll start with Lizzie she is the actress in the family, and she has a flare for the dramatic but she is more social and more in tune with her feelings, I want to be more like her. Ren and I are a lot alike, the two of us are more alike than Lizzie and I the two of us should be twins, not Lizzie and me, if I had to pick a favorite person in my family it would Ren. As for Lenore, I love how enthusiastic, how friendly, and how popular she is and I would like to be like her as well. Peter and I both want to get into media he wants to be an editor, so we have that in common and Nat and I also have a love of history and we talk about history a lot I love talking about history with her. As for my foster parents, I love and I love that they wanted to make us a member of their family, they’ve done so much for Lizzie and I. The last person that they told me to talk about in this journal entry is Rhi, I don’t know why they’re telling me what to talk about in these entries, but I love her so much she is my best friend and someone that I consider my better half I may even love her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

Top Ten Tuesday- Books that make me smile

Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . This weekly meme was born out a love of lists, and bringing the book blogging community together. Each week, Jana will post a topic, and we readers will write a reply based on that. We also have the option of going off the chosen topic, and doing our own thing. This week our topic is Books Guaranteed to Put a Smile On Your Face. I put my own spin on this just for fun.   1- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albetalli 2- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 3- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo 4- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 5- Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks 6- Geekerella by Ashley Poston 7- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston 8- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston 9- Fearless (Fearless Series Book #1 ) by Mandy Gonzalez 10- The Chance to Fly by Ali Stoker and Stacy Davidowitz