Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday- Books with Nature on the cover



Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @thatartsyreadergirl. This meme was born out of a love of lists and bringing the book blogging community together. Each week, Janna will post a prompt, and we book bloggers will write a reply to that topic. We also have the option of doing rouge, and coming up with our own topic if we want. This week, our topic was covers with nature. I rarely do the cover weeks, but I wanted to challenge myself.

Trees and flowers

1- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

This book is up next after I finish Anne of Green Gables. My edition is from Barnes & Noble classics with a green cover and has both flowers and trees. I can’t wait to read this story!!!

2- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

I read the paperback edition of this a few years ago. The red cover has a big tree on the right-hand side. I love this story and this series.

3- Working on a Song by Anais Mitchell

This book is on my TBR list for this year. The book is Non-Fiction, and it follows the three incarnations of the musical Hadestown. The cover is black and has a red carnation. The text on the cover is red, yellow, and white. Hadestown is one of my favorite musicals, so I can’t wait to read this.

4- Marilla of Green Gables by Sarah McCoy

This is an Ebook I found on my Kindle. The cover has trees and flowers with Marilla on the cover. The story is based on Green Gables when Marilla was growing up I believe.

 

5- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

I’m reading this book right now, and it’s so cute. The edition I’m reading is B&N Classics with a yellow cover, with flowers, trees, and Anne on the cover. This is one of the cutest covers I found with the theme of this week.

 Animals

6- Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White  

I got the Kindle edition of this to read in July. Fern and the animals are on the cover, and I think it looks very cute and simple. I can’t wait to get around to reading this book.

Sky with Stars and space

 

7- After Anatevka by Alexandra Silber

I extended the nature theme to sky and space because this cover has a lovely sky with stars and a sun on the cover. I read the hardback a few years ago, but I want to reread it this year because I absolutely loved the story. I can’t wait to reread this one.

8- A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas

As the list got further, I started looking for things with nature accents and not just all nature. A Court of Frost and Starlight has a lovely star design on the cover. I love this story because it serves as an n-between for A Court of Wings and Ruin and A Court of Sliver Flames. The edition I have is the hardcover.

9- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Stars are all around this cover, and I think it works well with the themes and the vibes of the book. This is another book that I need to reread because I loved it so much when I read it a few years ago. My edition is the paperback.

10- Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston

I was going through my shelves for a final book and I found this one. This is a duology which is Anastasia but set in Space. I don’t really read Sci-Fi, but I loved this one so much. The cover is mostly a dark sky because the story is set in space

Comments

  1. The Secret Garden was lovely. Hope you like it.

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-with-mountains-on-the-cover/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the covers I have seen for The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett are usually quite beautiful.
    Here's my TTT list this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love night covers, and I've seen some nice ones for Secret garden over the years also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Night Circus has such a beautiful cover - I'd love to reread that some day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of