Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday-Top signs you’re a bibliophile



Hi! I know I say this all the time, but I will be more active here. I’ve got some ideas for posts, and I miss writing posts. I took a short break because of the way the world is right now, but I’ve become more inspired over the last few days. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by Jana @thatartsyreadergirl The purpose of the meme was to make a list based on the topic of the week and building the book blogging community together. This week our prompt was the top ten signs you’re a book lover. I picked the word bibliophile because I love that word, and I think we should work it into conversations more. This is a simple list and is pretty self-explanatory, but I think that all readers will relate to my list.

1- You always have designated reading time

This might just be me, but I feel it’s a known fact that we schedule our day around reading. At the moment, I have not been reading as much, because of our current situation; however, next month I would like to see if I can focus more on reading. I don’t sit there with a timer, but I do read for about two hours a day when I’m reading consistently.

2- When you go to Barnes and Nobel, Target, Amazon, whatever store you get your book at, you can’t just browse

Perhaps this is just my mom and I. Whenever my mom and I go into B&N we can’t go out without a book, even when we say that we’re just seeing what’s new. At a place like Target, it’s easier because I go with my dad, and so it’s easier to not even stop to browse. As book lovers, I feel a common thread is when we see books we need to stop and look.

3- You pre-order books so you have them on release day

Another common theme is we pre-order a book we’re looking forward to or an auto-buy author. For me, I need a release I’m really looking forward to the day it comes out, that way, I can read it and not worry about being spoiled all that much. My reading speed is not as up there as most people’s, but the principle still stands that I won’t be spoiled for months before I can read the book.

4- You talk about books in conversation, even when the other people don’t read as much as you.

I find myself talking about books and characters with people who don’t read as much. I’m in a discord server with a group of friends, and I have an area where I just talk about the books I’m reading and my thoughts on them. My sister and my dad don’t read that many books, but I still talk about what I’m reading with them. Honestly, when this happens, I just get a lot of head nods, but it’s nice to get my thoughts out there in the open.

5- You dream that the characters would be your friends and family

Maybe this is just me but I did a top ten Tuesday about this last year, and I had so much fun with it. I love characters in YA, and I love thinking about what would happen if we were all friends and siblings. I feel that with my favorite characters we would get into such chaos and shenanigans.

6- You always carry a book with you on long car rides

Whenever I’m on a long car ride, which long for me means about an hour or more, always I have One of my current reads with me. I love listening to my iPod in the car, but at times, I just love to bring my book and talk to my family when I’m not reading. When I’m reading in the car, I feel time passes quicker.

7- You are always reading more than one book at a time. This is how you tackle your never-ending tbr.

This is simple but I feel like every Bibliophile reads more than one book at a time. For me, I love reading three or four different books at one time. I rotate between reading days and EBook and physical books.

8- Your screen time goes up and down based on how long you’ve been reading your EBook
I don’t read on my phone a ton, but I read on my iPad from the Kindle app. Every bibliophile has their own opinions on EBook’s, but if you’re one of those people that love reading multiple formats, I feel you can relate.  

9- You have more than one shelf filled to the brim with books

A simple answer that every bookworm can relate. I have one large bookshelf, and a media center filled with books. I have so many books that I’m running out of room, and so I try to buy EBook’s more now.

10- What makes you the happiest is interacting with like-minded people


Again, I feel like this is simple enough to describe a booklover. The reason why we all blog, join Goodreads communities, join Facebook groups, join Bookblur (book Tumblr), Bookstagram, or book Twitter is because we love to be engaged in conversation. We love talking about our favorite characters and connecting with our favorite authors. For me, I love reading all your posts, and talking about your favorite books and characters with all of you. 

Comments

  1. Yes, I read more than one book all of the time! Good list.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely have more than one shelf filled with books; in fact, I have more than one bookcase! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Browsing doesn't exist when it comes to book. It's all or nothing. You have to commit. xD Love your list! So true, ha!

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think #10 is super important. I mean book blogging is awesome and all that but it's the connection with like minded people (and the realization that they're out there!) that really makes it so special.

    5 and 6 as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of