Skip to main content

2020 Midyear Freak out Book Tag!



Hello! Seeing as tomorrow is August 1st, and I did my TTT on books I've loved so far this year, I wanted to do this tag today. I grabbed the tag from this blogger. This tag was created by this booktuber and this one according to the blog I got the questions from. Here we go!

1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2020

I'm torn between a few top reads. If I need to pick one book, I'll give it to Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston. I loved this romance so much, and the characters were amazing!

2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2020

The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan. I wasn't the biggest fan of The Lost Hero, but wow this book really made me fall for this series. I loved seeing the Roman camp, and I loved seeing Percy in the series again. 

3. New release you haven’t read yet but want to

I have a ton! My top one is probably Tweet Cute by Emma Lord. I've heard so many good things, and the book sounds so cute! I just really enjoy the vibes the cover and synopsis give off.  

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year: 

How much time do you have? No, but in all seriousness, if I have to pick one book it would be Never Look Back by Lilliam Rivera. This is billed as a modern-day Orpheus and Eurydice, and it already sold me!  I have an Ebook on pre-order, and you can bet I will be starting this the day it comes out!

5. Biggest disappointment

Without a doubt in my mind, it was Alice By Heart by Steven Sater. Honestly, I was so sad I didn't get into this because I love Alice in Wonderland, and I enjoy the musical. I think I didn't enjoy this because it didn't translate well. 

6. Biggest surprise

My biggest surprise was Yes, No Maybe So by Becky Albertallli and Aisha Saeed. Sure, I was expecting a cute contemporary as they billed this, but I was not expecting this story to be in the running for my favorite read of the year. I loved the characters and their story so much. 

7. Favorite new author. (Debut or new to you)

 I know that I already used this author by Casey McQuistion 100%. I love her characters and her stories. 

8. Newest fictional crush.

Hm. This is a tough prompt for me as I don't really fall in love with characters in books. Probably Alex or Henry from Red, White and Royal Blue? 

9. Newest favorite character.

Cinder from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.  I love her so much and she is a badass. 

10. Books that made you cry.

Cinder, and Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles) by Marissa Meyer. I have read several light reads and anthologies this year. Anyway, I am crying ugly tears while reading this series.   Anna K: A Love Story by Jenny Lee. I felt for Anna as she was living her life, and then the events of the book happened, and I felt bad for her and the rest of the characters.  

11. A Book that made you happy.

Get A Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert. I was in a reading slump when I started this, and this book was so good, and it made me so happy that it pulled me out of it! This book is just so good. 

12. The most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)

I was gifted both The Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan and The Lunar Chronicles last year. I read most of them this year, so I will put both for this year.   

13. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?

All the things!!!!!! Okay okay but for real. I would love to read: Bookish and the Beast by Ashley Poston, Never Look Back, Love Creekwood, The third Montague siblings novel by Mackenzi Lee, The Folk of Air book coming out, The Queen of Nothing, Bookish Boyfriends, Don't Read the Comments, Renegades,  Emma by Jane Austen( I'm doing a challenge on Storygraph.), A Little Princess, Six of Crows Dulogy, This theatre book I've had for like 5 years and never read yet, so many!!!!!!

14. Favourite Book Community Member

I don't follow enough people in the community on Booktube or anything like that. Also, I've become close with a few community members through book blogging, that I would never pick just one. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

Top Ten Tuesday- Books that make me smile

Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . This weekly meme was born out a love of lists, and bringing the book blogging community together. Each week, Jana will post a topic, and we readers will write a reply based on that. We also have the option of going off the chosen topic, and doing our own thing. This week our topic is Books Guaranteed to Put a Smile On Your Face. I put my own spin on this just for fun.   1- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albetalli 2- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 3- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo 4- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 5- Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks 6- Geekerella by Ashley Poston 7- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston 8- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston 9- Fearless (Fearless Series Book #1 ) by Mandy Gonzalez 10- The Chance to Fly by Ali Stoker and Stacy Davidowitz