Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday- Books I could read in a day

 

Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @thatartsyreadergirl. The purpose of this meme is to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana will post a prompt, and we readers get the opportunity to reply with our list. We also have the opportunity to go rogue and do our own thing. This week’s prompt was books I’ve read in a day or could read in a day if I had the time. I’m a moderately fast reader, but there are some books that I could read in a day if I found the time. I did read these books in 2 weeks or under I believe. 

 

1- Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills

 

This is one of my favorite YA Contemporaries. I could read it in a day because I love the characters, plot, and the fact that they do theatre in the story. This is one of my favorite comfort reads, and I reread it recently. This book still holds up even though it had been a few years since I read the book for the first time.  

2- Tweet Cute by Emma Lord

 

I read this on vacation down the shore last year and I just loved it so much. The story was so cute, and I loved seeing the banter between Pepper and Jack. This would be another quick YA contemporary

3- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston

 

I read this book last December, and it was just the cutest. I read the book in a week and a few days, but I just loved it. I loved the story; I loved the characters, and I loved the romance between Sophie and Wes.

4- 10 Truths and a Dare by Ashley Elston

As you will see, I put a lot of contemporaries on this list, including this one. I read this one in about 10 days earlier this year, and it took the characters from 10 Blind Dates and put them in a new situation. I enjoyed Oliva’s character on 10 Blind Dates, so I was excited when I saw that she would be the lead in this book. This story was fun, and the characters were great. The romance was sweet, and I couldn’t wait to see where it would go. Also, the dedication to the classes of 2020 and 2021 was very sweet.

5- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

There was no way I was making this list without mentioning one of my favorite YA Contemporaries. I love all the stories in The Creekwood Trilogy, but this one will always be my favorite one. I love all the characters, the plot, and the romance. I think they all blend so well together and make for an interesting story.

6- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

This is another favorite contemporary of mine that needed to make this list. I relate to Cath and her love of a fandom, and she was the first character I read about that really captured a love of fandom. I reread it a few years ago for the third time, and it is one of my most-read books. The cover I have is so cute and I think it works well for the story. The romance in this story is so sweet and Cath and Levi are one of my favorite couples. This is another case of the plot, characters, and romance really working well for me.

7- Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks

I read this book on a whim a few years ago when it was out on my radar by Book Riot. I just loved and I want to reread it soon to see if it still holds up. This is a Romeo and Juliet-style story about rival families in the comic book industry. The romance was sweet, and the characters were great. 

8- Geekerella by Ashley Poston

I just love the Once Upon A Con series by Ashley Poston. This is the first one and by far my favorite one of the bunch. All the books in this series follow some kind of fairy tale, and for this story it’s Cinderella. Elle is such a sweet character, and I just loved her journey in this book.

9- Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

I love the Percy Jackson series but this is my favorite of all the books in that series, and The Heroes of Olympus. I could read this in a day because I love the characters and I love the story. There is a touch of magic with these books, and the world that Rick Riordan built for the series, and every other book in the Percy Jackson Universe is excellent. This is where the story started, and even though I read these as an adult, I loved it and I want to reread this book soon. I just can’t explain the magic in these pages, and if you’ve never read the books, don’t judge them based on the Percy Jackson movies. In my opinion, the books were better, and I can’t wait to see what happens on the TV show. While I recommend you read this book and the series, if you don’t want to, and still want a great adaptation of the story, check out The Lightning Thief, The Percy Jackson Musical.

10- Next Year in Havana by Chanel Cleeton

 

I read this Historical Fiction earlier this year and I just loved it. This is a book the weaves perfectly between Historical Fiction and contemporary romance. This was another book that I read in a short amount of time because I loved it. My mom doesn’t read many books I read, we just don’t have the same taste a lot of the time, but this was a book that both of us enjoyed immensely. I loved the characters in both the Historical Fiction and the Contemporary portions of this novel. The plot was interesting, and the romance was sweet. This was a look at Cuban history that I didn’t know about.  

Comments

  1. Next year in Havana sounds good! AndI keep meaning to read 'Fangirl' because I loved 'Attachments'

    My TTT: https://basedonthebook.blogspot.com/2021/07/ttt-books-i-read-in-one-sitting.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it so much! Fangirl was fantastic and I also recommend The Simon Snow Trilogy which is the fanfiction the character writes in the book.

      Delete
  2. Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda is such a good read. I still remember I read it on vacation some years back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TWEET CUTE was such a fun book! I need to read the author's new one, although I've heard it's not as good.

    Happy TTT!

    Susan
    www.blogginboutbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read You Have A Match and while I did rate it 4.5 or 5 stars it wasn't as good as Tweet Cute I would agree. It's still a fun read though.

      Delete
  4. Great list of books!

    I have Next Year in Havana on my TBR, I hope to get to it soon.

    I too started reading Percy Jackson as an adult, and I am totally in love with the series (universe? Like I want to go to Camp Half-Blood).

    If you get the chance, here’s my TTT post: https://readbakecreate.com/10-books-with-the-word-day/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep going back and forth on reading Tweet Cute or not. I think I will have to give it a try now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of