Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday- Eight Reasons I enjoy reading



Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @thatartsyreadergirl. This meme was born put a love of lists, and bringing the book blogging community together. Each Week, Jana will post a prompt and we bloggers will make a list based on that prompt. We also have the option to go rogue and do our own thing. This week, our topic is reasons I love reading. I went with eight instead of my usual ten.

1- The escape

I know that this might be others reason for reading, but real life is a lot. I love reading because it offers me the opportunity to escape and be taken away from my real-life troubles for a while. 

2-Finding new characters to love

I love finding a new book filled with new characters that I can call my friends. I know that sounds cheesy, but I’ve always been one that loved to meet all the characters in my favorite books. My favorite characters to meet are the ones that are bookish or ones that have a passion for theatre or music. Once I find a character, I love finding out more about them and their world.

3- Exploring new locations

 I have traveled little but when I’m reading I feel like I’m traveling the world.  I feel like I see new areas and I love seeing unknown places I don’t know about through books. I’m not a big fantasy reader, but I do love exploring the world that an author creates and how much time they spend on world-building. I’m not a fantasy writer because I could never put the amount of world-building they do into their stories.

4- Discovering new authors

I love discovering some new to me authors. Whether they recommend from friends, book bloggers, family, or book review sites I love finding new authors I enjoy based on others. Just this year alone, I’ve read upwards of five new authors and will follow their work from now on.

5- To learn something about other cultures and events

I mostly read fiction, but I love learning about other cultures through reading. I tend to gravitate to Hispanic stories. I’m not sure why but I really love the culture, and I love learning new things I didn’t already know through reading fiction. A recent read that did this very well was Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas.

6- Finding new stories

Like characters, the plot plays a big part in why I love reading. Whether the story is in my genre, I love seeing how I enjoy a new story. Every year I love finding a list of new stories to try to put based on new releases that come out, and backlist books I want to read that year.

7- The bookish community

I love reading because I love talking about the books I’ve read with the community. Also, I love the community because it’s a great place to go when I need book recommendations. I count book bloggers, bookstagram, book twitter, book Tumblr, and Facebook groups all within this.

8- Writing reviews

I know that some people might not enjoy doing reviews but I really enjoy them. I love analyzing a book and forming an opinion based on what I’ve read. I’ve also spent years perfecting my review format, and I think my current one works best for me. 

Comments

  1. I also love learning about other cultures and events through books.

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-reasons-why-i-love-reading/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the conversation and always when someone takes the time to comment or share their thoughts. Also love books that are light hearted as a little escape! They're the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that as well. Thanks for stopping by Rissi.

      Delete
  3. I love all of these reasons but the escape is big for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a big one for me as well. Thanks for stopping by Greg.

      Delete
  4. You are absolutely right on the book community! It's a great benefit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a part of the book community is one of my favorite things. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Bookish travel is one of the reasons why I love reading, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much fun. Thanks for stopping by Lark.

      Delete
  6. I definitely love traveling through books. My favorite ones are set in idyllic little towns that I really wish existed in real life!

    Happy TTT!

    Susan
    www.blogginboutbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always exciting to discover new great artists. Great list! :)
    Here's my list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Bookish Community is a great community!

    Here is my TTT post: https://readbakecreate.com/?p=468

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! It's always lovely to discover new authors you enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Travelling is the greatest reason for me but that way we learn about other cultures and history, as well.

    Thanks for visiting my TTT earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am only just starting to join this lovely bookish community, and already you are all making me feel welcome, so maybe that will be on my list next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the bookish community Kat! I have you have a great time. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of

January TBR!

Hey everyone, Steph here and Today I 'm going to post what I am going to start and maybe finish this month. I have four books on my TBR! The Cruel Prince by Holly Black Format: US Paperback Published: J anuary 2nd, 2018   Why I want to read: there was so much surrounding this book. I want to live if it lives up to the expectations, I am so excited to dive in. I love Fae so I feel this book is right up my alley. If I love this book, I will get the sequel as an Ebook. All I Know Now: Wonderings and Reflections on Growing Up Gracefully by Carrie Hope Fletcher  Format: US Paperback  Published: September 1st, 2015  Why I want to read it: so, I will be continuing this book. As an actress, I love supporting fellow stage actors when they write books. I love this book so far! What If It's Us by  Adam Silvera,  Becky Albertalli   Format: US Hardcover Published:  October 9th, 2018 Why I want to read it: I love Becky Albertalli! I'

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi