Skip to main content

February Wrap Up




Hello! I wanted to do a February Wrap up today as I read a lot of books this month.

Reading Challenge: 9/50

Stats

Books continued from Jan and finished - 1

Books read from start to finish- 4

Started but not finished - 2

Physical Books - 1

Ebooks- 4


Books I finished 


The Wicked King by Holly Black- 5 stars

US Hardcover (owned)

Read from- 01/26-02/11

favorite character- Jude

This was the second book in this series, and I can honestly say this is one of the best Fantasy series I have ever read. I loved revising these characters and seeing how they were different now. My opinions remained the same, so I don't see a need to review this book.

Check, Please! by Ngozi Ukazu-  5 stars

Kindle Ebook

Read from- 02/1-02/11

favorite character- Eric

This book is a web comic that sections of the comic have been made into a book.  I loved the dynamic of the hockey team. I am not a big hockey person, or a huge sports person in general, but I loved this story. This book's main premise might be hockey, but it is also about finding love and finding yourself.

Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy- A Graphic Novel -A Modern Retelling of Little Woman by Rey Terciero and Bre Indigo and others (Art) - 5 stars

Kindle Ebook

Read from 02/5-02/12

favorite character- Jo

I want to do a full review of this graphic novel as I have opinions on it. For here, I will say while the creators took liberties, the story as a whole was still very enjoyable. If you go in looking for a carbon copy of Little Woman, you will not find it is a retelling with  the same themes, premise, and characters. I will also say that this book stops before the end of Little Women does, I feel that people should know that going in. The changes made didn't take away from my enjoyment of the story, hence why I still gave it a five star rating.

Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks - 5 stars

Kindle Ebook

Read from 02/12-02/28

favorite character- Miriam (Mir)

I want to review this book as well. The main characters are  star crossed lovers in a way, and I loved that because it made them more compelling to me. This was like a love story to comics and the people who enjoy them.


Enchantée by Gita Trelease - 5 stars 


Kindle Ebook

Read from 02/5-02/28

favorite character- Camille

I had planned on reviewing this book, but I could not find many things that I didn't love about it. I absolutely loved this sweeping Historical Fiction. The premise and how the main character Camille was doing things for her sister was my favorite thing. Speaking of Camille, she and the rest the characters in the book were fantastic because they were real, they felt like I was reading about real people not characters in a novel. The only thing that I felt could have been improved was the fact that the magic system? I mean how the magic worked could have been explained more. However, this did not take away from my enjoyment of the novel.

My favorite read of the month was  Enchantée with Comics Will Break Your Heart and The Wicked King as my second favorites. 


Books I started  

Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan (36% done) 

I started this book on February 17th. I am not a big reader of New Adult Fiction,  but I love this book and I love these characters so much.  

Last of Her Name by Jessica Khoury (7% done) 

I started this when it came out on Tuesday. I spent a few days finishing the books that I was almost done, so I have not read as much of this story. This is an Anastasia retelling, loosely inspired by the history of   her not the cartoon. This is another story set in Space, but for those that have read Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston, this a whole different story. The only thing the two books have in common is that they're based in space, and that main character is Anastasia in some way.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of