Skip to main content

Top Eight Tuesday

The banner is not mine. Welcome Back to Ten Tuesday, a weekly discussion hosted by thatartsyreadergirl. This week's prompt is Standalone's that I wish were sequels.  These books are in no order.

1- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. Link to the book on Goodreads

This is a Historical Fiction that I have discussed here before. I would love to know how married life treated Juliet and Dawsey I loved the characters in this book and would love the opportunity to visit them again.

2- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern Goodreads link

This was a mixture of Historical Fiction and Fantasy and I was so here for this book. I had heard the hype, and I still loved this book and I wanted to know more about Marco, Celia, and the world within this novel. While I feel the story ended well, I would love to revisit this world and the circus again.

3- Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee Goodreads

I am almost certain that I have spoken about my favorite read of 2017 here in the past. I loved this novel about a webseries and the people behind the camera and in front of the camera. I feel like the first book wrapped up well, but that we could explore more with the characters and their story with a sequel. 

4- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell Goodreads

I read this novel in 2017 after loving Fangirl so much. This was such a cute love story, and I adored learning about these two. I'm a big fan of music, and music was a huge part of the relationship between the two characters. My dream sequel for this would be seeing Eleanor and  Park living their best lives in college. I need more YA fluff from these two.

5- Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks Goodreads

I read this book last month and it was adorable. I felt like the ending was a bit rushed and that it could have definitely been expanded. I would love a story where we see Miriam (Mir) and Weldon in Canada to see what happens when they get back from Comic Con. Another story I would love is Mir and Weldon in a big Canadian City like Toronto for College. I just want another story with Mir and Weldon.

6- What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera  Goodreads

I read this book in January of this year. I will not lie, I was tearing up at the end of this book and I wanted more from Ben and Arthur. I could my dream sequel would be where the two main characters are together again, and much like Eleanor and Park are living their best lives together. How this book ending makes me feel like there might be something coming down the pipe for these characters and their story, or maybe just the characters. Anyway, I would love some more Ben and Arthur in my life thanks.

7- Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia Goodreads

This was another novel I read in 2017. I loved Eliza and her love of fandom. All I really want from a sequel is more of Eliza as a character and her fandom. I enjoyed the character of Wally, but he could be in the sequel or not. I feel like you could write a story about Eliza and have him be a part, but I am not sure he would play as big of a role that he played in this story.

8- Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy: A Graphic Novel: A Modern Retelling of Little Women by Rey Terciero and Bre Indigo Goodreads

This was such a fun and cute modern day retelling of Little Women. It was diverse without cramming the diversity down your throat, and it was just a pleasure to read. This book ends  before Jo leaves home, and in the sequel I would love to see the characters  continue in the story of Little Women.

What are some standalone's you would like to see have sequels?

Comments

  1. I couldn't agree with you more about Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy. What a great graphic novel that was.

    My Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be fun to see what happened to Eleanor and Park. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of