Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday –Favorite Couples (Valentine’s Day /Love Freebie)

 



Hi! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by Jana @thatartsyreadergirl.. This meme was born out of a love of lists and bringing the book blogging community together. I love doing this meme because it gives me a chance to bond with other bloggers. Every week, Jana will post a topic, and we bloggers will make a post with our list on the topic, or a different one. This week it was Valentines / Love, so I wanted to do a post on favorite couples. I may have done a similar post last year, but I know that there are some new couples on this list. 

1- Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy- Pride & Prejudice

 

This is the only classic couple on this list. I enjoy their relationship because the two characters have little in common, and yet by the end of the novel, they make it work. As you read Pride & Prejudice, you get to see these two find the love each of them was missing.

2- Cath and Levi–Fangirl

One of my favorite YA novels needed to appear on this list. I love Cath and Levi because they balance each other out. Levi and Cath have some things in common when they date, but as the book goes on, you get to see them grow and bond with each other. I think their romance is so sweet.

3- Eurydice and Pheus- Never Look Back

 

I don’t see many people talk about this book, but it was one of my favorite books last year. If you’re familiar with the Greek myth Orpheus and Eurydice, you have a baseline for their story. Never Look Back is a modern-day version of the Greek myth, and it is lovely. I put these two on the list because they have the thrill of first love, and you get to see how much they love and care about each other.

4- Claudia and Gideon- Foolish Hearts

 

I’m rereading this at the moment, and these two are just so cute. They have little in common at the beginning of the book, but the two of them have a want to learn how what the other person’s hobbies and interests are. The scene when Gideon joins Battle Quest is so cute and heartwarming. 

5- Alex and Henry- Red, White, and Royal Blue

This is classic enemies or rivals to lovers romance. Not only do we go on a journey was Alex and Henry find love in the book, we see that the two of them find out more about each other as well. I just think these two are the cutest.

6- Simon and Bram- Simon Vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda, Leah on the Offbeat, Love, Creekwood

Okay, spoilers for The Simon Universe by Becky Albertalli ahead. I love Simon and Bram because they were sweet in the book from beginning to end. I feel for these two from their first emails when they were Jacques and Blue. As the book progresses, and we get to see the love of Simon and Blue develop over the course of the novel.

 

7- Chloe and Red- Get A Life, Chloe Brown

Oh man, this was my foray into adult romance and I loved these two. As a couple, they’re another one who starts out as not liking each other, and then as the novel develops, you see Chloe and Red find love. Red doesn’t care that Chloe might not be able to do everything a normal person could do, because of her chronic illness. Chloe and Red love each other no matter what, and I think that’s so sweet. 

8- Sophie and Wes- 10 Blind Dates

I see this book talked about some, but I still feel like it is a kind of underrated book, and we do not talk about the couple in this book about a lot. Sophie has recently broken up with her boyfriend Griffin, and she goes to her Grandmothers for the Holidays. Wes is the neighbor and watches her get set up on 10 dates over the course of the novel. From the beginning, it was said that the two of them would never date because it would ruin the friendship they had. This novel had several sweet scenes between these two, and by the end of the novel, I was applauding when these two got together.

9- Pepper and Jack- Tweet Cute

 

I read this book last year and the romance was the sweetest. I guess you could say that I have a love for characters who don’t really have a lot in common, and then as the book progresses, they learn more about each other, and find the love they’ve always had. The end of this novel was so sweet because they both put away their differences and had a love for each other’s company.

10- Annabeth and Percy- Percy Jackson Universe

I don’t think there is much to say about these two. I think the romance between these two characters over all the novels they’re in is just so sweet. From the early books, when they were just becoming friends, to the later books when they’ve known each other for a while. The characters are both so sweet, and I think they balance each other out really well. 

Comments

  1. Simon and Bram were adorable together.

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-written-before-i-was-born-that-ive-read/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how Darcy and Elizabeth balance each other out! I need to read Simon and the Homosapiens agenda too, their romance in the film was really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved them in the movie and I agree about Darcy and Elizabeth.

      Delete
  3. The only couple I know on this list is Alex and Henry, and they were absolutely adorable! I still need to read Simon vs. The Homo Sapien Agenda! I've heard it's really good.

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cath and Levi *nods* And Elizabeth/ Darcy as well! I've never read the book but I love the adaptations I've seen, and they are a great couple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to check out Never Look Back as I love Greek mythology and modern versions of those myths. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lizzie and Darcy <3 Love them! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! I really need to read the Percy Jackson series! Great list!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cath and Levi are a couple of my favorites. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chloe and Red and Jack and Pepper! ❤️ I love them! ��

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never Look Back looks amazing, because I really like retellings, and this one from Greek mythology hasn't come up very often I think. Great list. Happy TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it flew under a lot of people's radars. I might reread it this year because I loved it so much.

      Delete
  11. Great list! I see lots of my favorites on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read any of the others but "Pride & Prejudice" is on my list, of course, since I'm a huge Jane Austen Fan.

    My TTT is about books with love in their title though hardly any of them is about love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Simon and Chloe made my list this week, as well! And I also adore P & P and Fangirl. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all four of those! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of