Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday -books I just had to buy but are still unread

Hello! Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday. This weekly meme is hosted by Jana @thatartsyreadergirl, This meme was born out of a love of lists. Our topic this week is book cover re issues we either love or and was submitted by submitted by Rachelle @ Shell’s Stories. I was not feeling this theme so I turned this into books I just had to buy but have not read yet. I used a combination of physical books and Ebooks.



1- Anne of Green Gables

This is a classic and I know I should have read this as a child, but I never did. I have a paperback sitting on shelf  and it stares at me. I would love to read this classic story at some point. Honestly, I don't know why I have not read this story yet. I have a huge feeling that I will love it, I just need to pick it up and get reading.

2- A Little Princess

Another classic! I have a fancy B&N edition sitting on my shelf. The cover is pretty and I love  the design. I've read the cover so I know the synopsis this is another one that I just have to sit down and read. I can tell that I will love Sarah as a character, and I will cheer for her as the story progresses.

3- Renegades

I am pretty sure that the second book wasn't out yet when I got this novel. This is another book on my shelf in hard cover. I've never read the author before, but this book seems to be right up my alley because super heroes! Anyway, I plan on reading this next month becasue the third one comes our later this year. I can't wait to read this story and get into the world.

4- The Little House on the  Prairie

I read these books as a child which I talked about on my TTT when the prompt was Childhood books. This book is a B&N Edition of the books, I would assume this includes most or all of the stories. This is going on my tbr for the winter of this year because those books have some serious winter vibes.


5- A Curse So Dark and Lonely

The book came out earlier this year and I have an Ebook version. This is a Beauty and the Beast retelling from what I can tell? Anyway, I've had this book since I found it as a deal one day. I'm pretty sure that I will love this book because Beauty and the Beast is right up my alley. I can't wait to read this retelling.

6- The Book Thief

I wanted to include some Historical Fiction on this list as it's a huge part of my bookish brand. This book is beloved by most and disliked by some as I've seen. Once I finish the one book I'm reading on my Ipad I want to read this one. I've had it for years? At least the start of 2019, anyway I need to read this one ASAP so I can discuss the story with others.

7-  Foolish Hearts

Honestly I got this book because it references A Mid Summer Nights Dream in the summary. The one I read of it the more I wanted to find out more about Claudia and her life.  This story seems like one I would enjoy as it has both it seems to have drama, heart, and of course, the theatre. I plan on starting this one soon.

8-  Bygone Badass Broads

Why I have not read this yet I don't know because I love Mackenzi Lee's work that I have read. I want to read this for Women's month, but I think that passed for this year,and I want to read it soon, so I'll work it into my tbr for the rest of year. I can't wait to dig into this Non-Fiction.

9- Bookish Boyfriends A Date with Mr. Darcy

This is the point in this list when I could not for the life of me remember books I had that I hadn't read yet. I found this on my Kindle app, and it seems adorable. I know that a Little Women themed one came out this year, and I need to read that one as well. You don't need to read one to understand the other, but I already have a copy of this book.

10- Kindred Spirits

Finally we have this Rainbow Rowell novella? I'm not sure if it's a Novella or a short story. The fact that I love Rainbow Rowell's work was 100% why I purchased this. I remember looking at the synopsis and really like that as well. From what I remember this is a Christmas story which I will be reading at around Christmas this year.

Have you read any of these books? What did you think?

Comments

  1. Anne of Green Gables is a wonderful story. I do encourage you to read it. Did you know there are nine books in that series altogether?

    If you end up enjoying Anne of Green Gables, I'd recommend reading Anne of Avonlea and Anne of the Island, too. The books dropped off in quality after #3 in my opinion, but there were still interesting moments in them if you decide to keep going.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not! I want to read it before next summer because I feel like the books give off summer vibes, but I still want to read then sooner.

      Delete
  2. Anne of Green Gables is so good. I hope you have an opportunity to read it. The Book Thief is one of my favorites as well. Definitely a must.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the Little House books (some of them anyway) as a kid and really enjoyed them- the whole covered wagon, frontier aspect. :) I think they'd be fun to revisit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read some of most of them as a child but I have not read them in years. I can't wait to reread them.

      Delete
  4. I adored Foolish Hearts! I think you should read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's next up once I finish one of my current reads.

      Delete
  5. I have a couple of these on my TBR. I did read Renegades and it was pretty good. It's a pretty different book for Marissa Meyer I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne of Green Gables, Little House on the Prairie, and Bygone Badass Broads are all pretty episodic so you can read just one chapter/section at a time if lack of time is a problem. Also, Bygone Badass Broads has some terrific artwork. TNT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you love all of these!!! (When you get to them.) I absolutely adore so many of these! Fingers crossed you do, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of