Skip to main content

In The Queue Where it Happens

 




Hi! It's been a few weeks, and I've actually got some stuff to share today. This post is what I call my other media post. I have a lot of things I watch, listen to, and play. 


TV and Movies 

I don't remember if I talked about this in my last post, but I started Julie & The Phantoms on Netflix. I'm very much enjoying it, and I can't see where the story goes. My parents and I watched a lot of The Mandalorian last weekend. Between Saturday and Sunday, we watched all but the last five episodes in season 2. I love it so much, and I hope it continues past the second season. The show is enough Star Wars lore to please Star Wars fans, but also you don't need to know Star Wars lore to enjoy the show. 


I watched Wreck-It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet last weekend with my parents as well. We loved it so much, and I thought it was so cute. I thought the internet part of the movie was so well done. One of my favorite scenes in the movie was the Princess sleepover. I watched Soul finally two Sundays ago, and it's one of the best Pixar films to me. I think because I love music so much, and that movie was all about music. It differed from anything I had ever seen, and I loved it a lot. 

Music and Musicals 

I was going to leave this section off this list because I haven't really listened to anything new lately, or gone back to things I've loved in the past. I want to listen to more albums from Broadway performers. I have a number of them, and I loved them, because most of them have Broadway songs, and other songs the artist loves to perform. I love the concert ones because they're a mix of songs and stories. Anyway, this is just here so I remind myself to listen to these albums more. 


Musicals it's the same thing. I listened to Hamilton this week, and for me, Hamilton is one of those shows that never really dies. You might go away from it for a while, and when you come back to it, and you remember what you loved it, and all those feelings come back. I need to watch the Disney + Pro-shot again because it's been so long, and I miss it. 

Podcasts

I'm on episode four or five of TAZ Graduation, I just need to balance my podcast listening with music and watching TV. Maybe I'll listen to them as I read, or I'll have some time in a day where I just listen to them. I enjoy Broadwaysted, and I need to listen to that again as well. 

Games and Streams


Ok, but I have games to talk about because I recently got some games. The first game I got is Quake, and I played this as a kid, and it's so much fun. The second game I got recently is Hades, and OMG I am having so much fun playing this game!!! You play as the son of Hades and Persephone, and you're trying to leave home. The gods help with all the boss fights, and I just love this game. The art in this game is beautiful, and I love it. The last game I got recently is Star Dew Valley. This is a cute farming simulator game. I would say this game is like Mine Craft, if Mine Craft had a plot and characters you could interact with. 

I still watch the same Twitch streamers that I usually do. I need to give a shout out to Super Thought Bros, they gave me the gift card in a give away for Hades and Star Dew Valley. Click here to go to their Twitch channel. As a theater fan, Stars in the House was one of the things I loved back in March. Over the late spring and summer, I got busy with other streams, so I stopped watching. They started doing Game Nights, and this brought me back into their content. Click here to go to their YouTube Channel.  The website is here. 




Albums I'm listening to as I write this post: Fearless- Mandy Gonzalez and Awakening: Sierra Boggess's Live Concert 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of