Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday - Bookish, Creative, and Non-Bookish Goals

 

Hi! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by Jana @thatartsyreadergirl. The purpose of this meme is to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana will post a blog, and we bloggers have the opportunity to make a post based on that prompt or one of our own choosing. This week we're talking about our bookish and not bookish goals for the new year. 


The Bookish Related

1- My first bookish goal is to read 35 books. I keep my Goodreads and Story Graph goals low, but ones that are still achievable for me. So far, I’ve read for books, so I’m on target, but the books I’ve finished were leftover from 2020. Keeping my goals middle of the road like this means that I can read a load of books, but the goals can still be achievable for me.  

2- The second goal I want to do this year is reading challenges. I am going to keep this a second goal because I want to talk about them as a separate item. I am doing three book challenges this year, and the books I read will be for all three of them. The first is for the Facebook group TBR& Beyond, this is a yearly challenge.  Modern Mrs. Darcy is a website I enjoy, and so I am taking part in the challenge this year. The challenge is a choose your own adventure, and I loved that aspect of it. The third is for a Goodreads group called Procrastinators Book Club. The challenges for the first and the last is to follow the prompts. For this  last one, I’m going to read 12 books. I’ll add my story graph challenges below if you would like to see the prompts.

TBR& Beyond- https://app.thestorygraph.com/reading_challenges/8354bbb4-e15e-4f45-b5ad-7b2afd822f59

Modern Mrs. Darcy- https://app.thestorygraph.com/reading_challenges/2cf8db25-e15c-4668-8b82-7222686177a2

Procrastinators Book Club- https://app.thestorygraph.com/reading_challenges/d5142d97-744e-49d6-a078-ce8b25ab6de4

3-A third goal for me is to read at least 3 days a week. So far this year I’ve been doing a great job, but I don’t want the momentum to fizzle before the end of the year. I need to read about three books a month for my goal, and this will only be achieved if I read 3 times a week. I’m a moderate reader, so I’m not one of those people who can read a book a week.

4- My last bookish goal of the year is to get some E-Arcs from Net Galley and Edelweiss +. If you’ve read my tbr, you know that I have some out right now, and I hope to continue to mix the E-Arcs, backlist, and new releases this year. The E-Arcs is just my goal, but if I get myself to 50% I will be so happy.

Other Creativity related

5- My first creativity goal is to write a blog post at least 2-3 times a week. I think this will be easy for me, as I post memes two times a week most weeks. This might be a simple goal to some, but I don’t want to abandon my blog again. 

6- The second goal in this category is a general writing goal. I’m a writer, and I would love to get back into fanfiction and my original stories.  I’m not going to say a word count goal for the year, but I would just love to find the balance between my blog writing and my other writing.

 

Non-bookish or other creativity

7- See a musical

I know that this seems odd. They might open theaters and Broadway in the fall. I need to get back into a theatre and be in the room where it happens. I’m counting a movie musical, such as In the Heights, or West Side Story. It’s been almost a year since I’ve been in a theatre, and I just miss being in the theatre and seeing a show. 

8-Discover new music and musicals, and listen to music more

This is a general thing, but I need to listen to music more. I have artists and music I love, but I just would rather watch TV than listen to music.  I feel like I could listen to music while I read, but I don’t.  I’m a fan of Taylor Swift, and I have not heard her new album yet. I feel like there is music I would like out there, and I just haven’t discovered it.

9- Support creators

A general goal because my other goals were specific to what I want to do for myself this year. I want to support creators this year by going to their streams, going to their virtual shows, buying their music, and buying from some bookish shops. I want to talk about the things I love on social media because I might get someone else interested in something.

10- Talk to other bloggers and readers

I’ve been doing well with this so far this year. I want to talk with other bloggers about books, and talk to people about books outside of blogs, but in groups and on social media. I love seeing what other people are reading and talking about books with others. 


Listening to while I post this: Hamilton Act 1 but it's Muppets

Comments

  1. Reading challenges can be a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy the ones you selected.

    Seeing a musical is another fabulous goal! Watching them on a TV or computer screen is cool, but they're even better live when you can see how everyone else is responding to the actors.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading challenges can be so much fun! I'm doing the 5-4-3-2-1 challenge, assigning a genre I want to read more of to each number and reading that many of them (I'm currently reading my 1 horror, for example). Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As for your #10, "Hi!" Always happy to chat books and bookishly if you wanted to! The bookish community here is so lovely and supportive!
    And I'm definitely going to check out some of those reading challenges although I tend to be a mood reader and drift away from them!
    These are my bookish New Year Resolutions, and some that I know I could not achieve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to keep my numbers reasonable too, since my reading was so down in 2020. Although hopefully I do better this year! Good luck with your goals!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful goals! Best of luck with your goals. I love number 10 on your goals! Last year, I got more involved with the blogging and reading community and it has been wonderful. If you ever want to talk bookish, you can always contact me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful goals! I really hope you are able to see a Broadway show this year, both for you and the rest of us hah. I think talking more to bookish people is always a wonderful goal to have- and will undoubtedly be a positive thing! Good luck to you, I am sure you'll do awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to check out StoryGraph. Good luck with your goals! I hope you can stop by:

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2021/01/2021-goals-update-1.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finding new music is a great goal -- I keep track of the new music I discover every year and it's almost as much fun as logging books, haha (I haven't heard the new T-Swift album(s) either; only just got around to Lover this past summer). Discover Weekly on Spotify has been a great help.

    I always listen to music when I'm on the computer -- like right now, in fact. I find it hard to listen to music with words when I'm reading a book, but weirdly it's no problem when I'm reading websites -- or writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might check into Classical and Flim scores for reading!

      Delete
  9. I hope you're able to achieve all of your goals and I'm so there with you on getting back to the theater. I miss it so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of