Skip to main content

The Sunday Post!

Welcome back! Today I am taking part in the weekly memes The Sunday Post hosted by caffeinatedbookreviewerand Stacking The Shelves hosted by .tyngasreviews. I have had a great time coming up with the updates for these posts in the last few weeks and so I will keep doing them.



Life

This week was crazy for me because I had a a work blog due. While I enjoyed doing the post, it was more research than I had allotted for, so I just needed to spend more time on the blog than normal. Other than that it was an easy week. I got some read in and I got a new chapter up for my fanfic. Yesterday, we spent a lot of time in the backyard and shoveling stone for the yard.

Read
I just finished China Rich Girlfriend earlier today!

All For One Alex &Eliza #3 is still so much fun and I think it is my favorite book of the trilogy still. Currently, I am on page 184/391

I read some The Princess and the Fangirl and I am 50% done. Rather than pushing it for the next few days, I decided to just extend this book into May as I am ahead in my reading challenge with 15/30 finished.

Sky Without Stars is such a roller coaster and I love it so much. As of this moment I am 45% done now and have come to the same conclusion as above.

For Next Week

I plan on starting Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan to close out this trilogy. May first is the middle of the week, but I am not starting a tbr for May except for Romanov. If you want to buddy read this book feel free to join this Goodreads Group Thread. Three books is a lot for me right now, so I want to see where I am at once this week is over.
   

On the Blog

Sunday-The Sunday Post

Monday-Summer of Love Chapter 1

Tuesday- Top Ten Tuesday first ten books reviewed
Top Five Tuesday Books Set in the U.S.

Wednesday-  Can't Wait Wednesday With the Fire on High

Friday- Meg,Jo,Beth, and Amy book review

Around the internet
Amber@/theliteraryphoenix reviews Romanov

Broadway Musical The Prom will be a YA Novel out in September

The 2019 Drama Desk Nominations were announced

New books
here

For Next Week

Monday- Bookending Spring The Spring Cleaning Booktag Click here for Amanda's original post!

Tuesday- Top Ten Tuesday- Books I would take on a Desert Island. The topic this week is inspirational book quotes. I decided I would take a topic from The Broke and the Bookish as I was not doing TTT back then. 

Top Five Tuesday- Top Five Books I need to read in 2019. The topic for this week is sequels I need to read. I don't really have that many as I tend to binge series or I need to read the start of the series. This was a topic I missed, but I am very excited to do the topic.

Wednesday- Can't Wait Wednesday

Thursday or Friday- Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks (Book Review) .

Music of the week

I listened to one of my favorite musicals Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812 this week. This is a musical I have missed so much and I need to add it back into my rotation.

The Prom is a fantastic new musical and I love it so much. I love the cast recording  because it gives you a look at the story without revealing the whole thing.

New reads

Every single one of these reads came from my mother. She was giving a box to charity, and I grabbed all of these. None of these are YA but I still think they looked like fun.

1- The Cafe by the Sea by Jenny Colgan

2- Til Death Do Us Part by Amanda Quick

3- All Summer Long by Dorothea Benton Frank

4- Lunch in Paris by Elizabeth Band

5- The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner

6- Bulls Island by Dorothea Benton Frank

Comments

  1. I’m a monogamous reader, so I’m never sure how people can read several books simultaneously. I’m glad you are enjoying them though

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy Til Death Do Us Part. Amanda Quick is usually entertaining. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the Cafe by the Sea turns out good- sounds like fun. I've seen those Colgan books around now and then and the setting looks fun. And yay for fanfiction- do you post it anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! I post it on Ao3 https://archiveofourown.org/users/Agirlwhoreadstheclassics

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you're enjoying Sky Without Stars. I really liked that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy reading!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of