Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday books that could be Crayola crayon colors



Hi! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by Jana @thatartsyreadergirl. Each week, Jana will post a prompt, and we as readers write a response to that, or a different one if we’re not feeling the original prompt that week. This is a meme that was born out of a love of lists and bringing the book blogging community together. This week, our prompt is book titles that could be Crayola crayon colors. I have to be honest; I was thinking about changing it up this week. Once I got thinking about the topic in a more general sense, I easily came up with ten I thought could work. Read on to see the books I picked for this week and see my thoughts on them.

1- Cinder- brick red/ brown

This is the first in a Sci-fi/ Fantasy. I loved this book and I don’t read a ton of the genre. This book was so fun and the characters are great. The series follows Fairy Tales, and it is retellings, this one following Cinderella. I picked a brick/ red color because I feel like Cinder is a dark character with some light around the edges.

2- Cress- yellow

This is the third book in The Lunar Chronicles, and I loved it so much. The story follows Rapunzel, and I loved her character so much.  I picked yellow for Rapunzel because she is very positive and Rapunzel has a thing for yellow in the movie Tangled. Also, her hair is yellow/ blonde.

3- A Court of Thorns and Roses–deep red

If you’ve been following this blog for a while, you know that this was my foray into Fantasy. I love this series, and although it’s a mouth full, I think it could work for a Crayola color. My color inspiration for this is a deep red, like a dark red, not the color of bricks like Cinder’s. 

4- A Court of Sliver Flames- grey

Just like with The Lunar Chronicles, I picked two books from the A Court of Thorns and Roses series. This is the newest book that just came out in February. I’m enjoying this book I just need to find the time to finish it. The color of grey reminds me of this book because it has some intense and dark themes. Also, I don’t think sliver would translate well to a color. 

5- The House on the Cerulean Sea- light blue

When thinking about books that could be Crayola colors, this one came to mind. I picked light blue because it’s the color of the sea. I’m really enjoying this story and I think it has the potential to be a top ten read of the year. I think I could see it being a top ten read of the quarter as well.

6- A Little Princess- pink

This is a classic novel that I read for the first time in March. I loved this story and the main character Sara so much. I picked pink because I think it’s cute and I think it suits Sara as a character. For reference, Princess Charlotte's dress from The Princess and the Frog is the color I envision, but maybe a little lighter. 

7- Red, White, and Royal Blue- dark blue

I loved this book so much!!!! This book follows Alex and Henry, I just loved that couple so much, and I loved their story. This is enemies to lovers' story, and I was so here for their romance. I picked dark blue like the Royal Blue text on the cover of the book. I picked it because it’s like the colors of the American Flag, and I think it suits the book, characters, and themes well.

8- Anne of Green Gables- Dark Green

This is another classic middle-grade novel. I enjoy Anne as a character, and yet, I’ve never read her story. I have a copy of this that I plan on reading soon. I picked dark green because I think it resembles the forest and the farm where Anne lives. Also, one of my copies of the book is a dark green.

9- Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West- bright green

I couldn’t do this prompt and not use this book. This book is fantastic and I might reread it but skip the second book. If I reread, I might just reread this one because this book was so much fun and has such a fun vibe. Wicked is one of my favorite musicals, and so I knew that I needed to feature this book on this list. Obviously, the green color I’m talking about here is the color of Elphaba’s/ The Wicked Witch of the West’s skin for this color. To shorten, we could just call this color Wicked.

10- With the Fire on High-orange

This is on my TBR for next month!!! I look forward to getting to know the main character because she seems like a badass. I picked orange for this because it’s the color of fire. 

Comments

  1. You did such a nice job with this post. I'm impressed you came up with so many responses!

    Thanks for stopping by a little while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list! When I read it, I thought about "Mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins, which would probably be that ashy black of an ember recently extinguished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This list was fabulous! My favourite is with the fire on high - it sounds so cosy

    My post: https://booksandbouquets.blogspot.com/2021/04/top-10-tuesday-book-titles-that-sound.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love A Court of Silver Flames- such an evocative title!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that included what the color would be. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun picks! I can easily picture all of these as crayon colors. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of