Skip to main content

Musical Monday's - The Tony Awards

Hello! So, I know that Musical Monday's is about introducing you all to a musical; I am still thinking about what show I want to do next, now that I have time to start this series again. Tonight. I wanted to do a post on the Tony Awards. This will just be a fun post with my opinions on certain categories. 


I am so happy that Celia Keenan-Bolger won, I have loved her for years and I am so happy she has her tony for the role of Scout in To Kill A Mocking Bird. I enjoyed her speech and  was just beaming for her as I watched.

I don't think it's much of a secret, especially if you follow me on social media, that I love Hadestown. My heart is beaming with love for this cast, and the creatives that so rightfully won awards last night. Hearing the lessons that Andre De Shields and Anais Mitchell put into their speeches I enjoyed, because they were just lessons for actors, or people in the theater community, they were lessons in life and something we can all learn from. Rachel Chavkin, I am so happy that she has her tony now! I enjoyed her work on Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812 so much, and I am euphoric that she won last night. The performance I loved, and I am officially sold on Reeve Carney as Orpheus. This musical took home eight Tony Awards, and that is beyond fantastic.

Way back when The Glee Project was on, I watched that show and Ali Stroker was on the show. I remember her being on Glee I believe, but I don't remember the character she played. Ali Stroker became the first person to use a wheel chair for mobility to win a Tony Award last night. I was so happy, even though yes we have a long way to go, I was so ecstatic she won! Her speech was so sweet and heartfelt, and as an bonus, I found out today that she is from New Jersey!

Best revival I was evenly split. I have seen none of the two shows nominated, but had listened to the Kiss Me Kate 2019 Cast Recording since they released it on Friday. I enjoyed it, but I had heard what the new Oklahoma Revival was doing, and I loved the new spin on a classic. As a fan, I enjoy actors from both shows, so I really would be happy either way the vote went. Now that Oklahoma won, I am so happy!!!! I look forward to hearing all the new music when the cast recording comes out soon, but I can tell you that  I enjoyed what I heard last night immensely.

Finally, I would like to talk about how happy I am about Stephanie J. Block getting her Tony win! Also, I would like to talk about how happy I am that The Cher Show costumes won.Again, as a fan, I have loved Stephanie J. Block and her talent for years. This is her third nomination and her first well deserved win in my opinion. I have not seen The Cher Show yet, but hearing the cast recording, and seeing the performances,  I can see why it was her time to win the award. The costumes in The Cher Show are fabulous, and I loved seeing them last night, and at other broadcast performances.

I loved all the performances last night; I thought they were all so different, and were well done representations of  the shows the number's were from.

Did you watch the Tonys? If you, what are your thoughts?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of