Skip to main content

Meet the Blogger Booktag!

 

Hello! I miss doing a book tag and so I thought I'd do this one on my blog today. Today, I'll be doing the Meet the Blogger Booktag by Lauren from Lala's Book Reviews. 

Rules:

  • Thank the blogger who tagged you
  • Mention the creator Lauren @ Lala’s Book Reviews
  • Tag as many (or as few) people as you’d like
  • Have fun and get to know one another!

Introduction

Introduce yourself!

Hi! I'm Steph and I'm a blogger from New Jersey. When I'm not blogging about books or reading, you can often find me talking about books, listening to musicals, and watching TV. 

Something most everyone wants to know… do you have any pets?

We have two cats! This is Maverick. 



And this is Kyle



What is your favorite thing to drink?

I love tea, diet soda, and water

What is your favorite season?

I'm going to say Fall because I was born in the Fall.  I also really enjoy Spring!

Do you have any special talents?

I sing and I'm ok at piano and sight-reading.  I'm also one of those people who just remembers a lot of things. 

Blogging

When and why did you start your blog?

I started becoming a book blogger in December 2018, but I really started diving into book blogging in 2019. I started this blog originally for a reason that I can't remember. I used to use this as a space for TV recaps. Once I started taking notes on the shows I was watching for a recap or review, I found myself not enjoying the shows as much. I might start these up again, but it wouldn't be a weekly thing. If you go through my archive the TV reviews are still there.  



What is something that you wish you knew about blogging when you first started?

I wish I had known how big the book blogging community was back in the days when I was doing TV reviews. I basically abandoned by blog for years, but I could have had content here. 

What has been the hardest part about blogging?

For me, it's having non-memes/list-based content. I write reviews, but I want to add something more fun to a part of the blog. I might bring back Book tags because the other ones I did were so long ago, and my opinions might have changed. 

What has been the most rewarding part of blogging?

Getting to connect with other bloggers with the same interest as me! I love talking to other bloggers about what they're reading, and how much they love books. I've read some fantastic books just based on recs from the book blogging community! 

Do you write your posts a head of time or write them the day of posting?

I used to be one of those bloggers who would rush and get a post up the day of posting. This year, I've been working on getting a post ready, or at least mostly ready to go, the day before. Reviews are always written ahead of time. 

Reading

Who are your top 5 favorite authors?

I love that this question lets me pick 5. When someone asks me who my favorite author is, I always ask what genre are we talking about here? Generally, I will read anything by these five! Also, shout out Rick Riordan who would be number 6! Number 7 would be Casey McQuiston, and so I feel the need to mention her as well. 

  • Becky Alberatlli
  • Rainbow Rowell
  • Leigh Bardugo 
  • Sarah J. Maas
  • Taylor Jenkins Reid

What genre do you read the most?

YA Contemporary probably! I also read a ton of Historical Fiction, which I love because I love the vibes of the books in that genre. I'm getting more into Middle Grade, and there have been so many outstanding books I have read, or want to read, in that genre. 

What genre surprised you by how much you love it?

I would say Fantasy! I always thought that Fantasy was more of the epic Lord of the Rings Style Fantasy, which is not the genre of Fantasy I want to read. Sarah J. Maas based on recs from the book blogging community changed my views! I love her and Leigh Bardugo, another rec from the book blogging community! 

Also, New Adult. I've only read a few of these, but I know what to look for what I did enjoy. I loved Get A Life, Chloe Brown, Red, White, &Royal Blue, and The Bookish Life of Nina Hill. 

Which popular book didn’t live up to the hype for you?

I'm going to be fully honest when I say Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I'm not sure if it was a mood thing, if I need the audio, or if I need to watch an adaptation, then go back and try to read it again. I DNFEd it about 40 pages from the end because I just didn't care about the characters or their relationship. I was also just tired of trying to figure out who the book was following. 

Who are some popular authors you haven’t read?

 Amie Kaufman, Jay Kristoff, Laini Taylor, and Kassie West. I plan on trying them at some point 

What upcoming release are you excited to read?

What upcoming releases aren't I excited to read is the better question. Rule of Wolves, Fearless, 10 Truths and a Dare, Malibu Rising, That Way Madness Lies, The Chance to Fly. 

Do you listen to music while reading?

Yes! Lately, I've had Sirius XM, my Itunes music on my iPod, and Spotify on as I read. I love it. I think it's a delightful change from the TV on the in background. 

Where else can we find you online?

Twitter Instagram Goodreads! Storygraph!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of