Skip to main content

My Journal about Life (Pippa Park) by Erin Yun (E-Arc) Review


 


This book was free from Edelweiss + Read Now. I read this book because it seemed like a fun read, and I picked it when I had been reading a lot of intense and heavy books. I had read the book Pippa Park: Raises Her Game was also by Erin Yun, and I really enjoyed it. This is a tough book to review, so I will talk about the back cover and how the activities inside relate to them. I wish I had a journal like this when I was younger because it was a mix of fun and questions that really made you think.

 

 


 

Me, Myself & I

This book was a great way for a young person to explore all aspects of their personality. From quizzes to help you get to know yourself better to activity pages where you could post photos. One of my favorite sections on getting to know yourself was the spaces where you got to write an answer to a specific question, such as, how do you see yourself. I feel for a young person reading this book, you could learn a lot and really think. Being a fan of music, one of my favorite pages was the playlist page.

Friends & Family

These were fun sections because if you had read the book Pippa Park Raises Her Game, you could see which character would be your friend. There were also pages where you could post photos and talk about the adventures you had as a group. I thought it would be fun to look back on years from now and see where you started and how you changed. The family sections were great because there was a question that asked how family members see you, so you could see if it was different than how you see yourself.  There were also sections about family adventures.

School & Home Life

There wasn’t much on school and home life. Most of it was questions like what your favorite and least subject in school is. I think it’s important that young people think about these because it might guide them to a job in the future. Homelife was a lot of the same as school life, only it was more about what chores you did at home.

Likes & Dislikes

 

Everyone, even kids, has likes and dislikes. This was the perfect way for them to really think about what they like, and what they don’t like. One of my favorite things was the fact that the book gave you a list, but it was a comprehensive list, so you could either fill it or not fill the whole thing.

Goals for the future

 

This book ends with goals for the future. I thought this was lovely because there was an area to write about what you wanted to do and add any goals you have. One of my favorite sections was the letter to my future self at the end of the book.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of