Skip to main content

Book Tag Thursday!

Welcome back to Book Tag Thursday. I wanted to do the Secret Life of a Book Blogger tag 2.0. I found the tag here

Questions

How long have you been blogging?
Since 2016 on and off. I've become more active as a theatre and book blogger in 2018 and 2019. I started off as just a TV review blog, but I'm happier being a book and Theatre Blogger. 
At what point do you think you’ll stop blogging?
Blogging is fun and therapeutic for me, so I don't see myself ever stopping fully. I might need to scale back if life gets hectic. 

What is the worst thing? What do you do to make it okay?
Having the time to get the content up. I have fun doing it, but it still takes time to get the content I want. 
How long does it take you to find make/find pictures to use?
I don't use photos because I don't know how to use photoshop. I'll make a photo with Picsart or something for a header but that's it. From time to time, I'll use another program with a college. 
Who is your book crush?

I don't have that many book crushes. Mr. Darcy from Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen. 
What author would you like to have on your blog?
Oh! Either Sarah J. Maas or Ashley Poston. 
What do you wear when you write your blogpost?
Jeans and a sweater or long sleeved t-shirt in the fall and winter. In the summer shorts and a shirt. In the spring pants and a shirt. Dresses are mixed in with all seasons. I sometimes have my purple fleece I wear in the house on. 
How long does it take you to prepare?
Depends. For the Musical Mondays about a week because I think to reflect on the next musical and think about what I will say about the work. Top Ten Tuesdays a few to 30 mins because I need to get to ten, or whatever number I set out for the day. For tags, I take 10 mins to find the tag I want for the day, and then 15-30 mins to type up the responses and format. Book Reviews take anywhere from a day to about two-three weeks after I read the book because of time I can commit to working on the review. 
How do you feel about the book blogging community?
From what I have seen about it, I love because I can talk about books and discuss analysis and opinions I have. I feel the book community understand my book nerdiness even if you all don't agree with me, 

What do you think one should do to get a successful blog?
It is personal based on the blogger. For me, I am blogging to get more consistent with blogging and build a brand on my blog. I know that others might blog for the likes and the comments, but I couldn't care less about that. I mean I hope that people like what I post, but it's not a make it or break it for me if people don't like everything I post. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of