Skip to main content

Greek Gods Book Tag

Hello! I wanted to celebrate the Hadestown Cast recording being released today by doing the Greek Gods book tag. For that don't know, Hadestown is a Broadway musical that is a retelling of Orpheus and Eurydice. The tag creator and photos are  here.   I got the prompts and photos from here. You're supposed to tag people but I find that tagging people on Blogger is tough. If you want to do this, feel free to consider yourself tagged by me.

Zeus

A favorite book is tough for me because I have categories of books based on genre. I will say here that my favorite book is Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen. This was one of the first classics I read when I was my 20's and I love this story so much.

Hera

Feyre from A Court of Thorns and Roses series. I love her so much even if she had made some questionable choices. She was my first female character in a fantasy I loved. Annabeth Chase from Percy Jackson is a close second.

Janus

I have read a few debuts but I want to feature three. After Anatevka is a book I talk about here a lot so you all know my feelings about the novel. This is a Historical Fiction that follows Hodel after she gets on the train in Fiddler on the Roof. Comics Will Break Your Heart is a novel that I loved. It has the star crossed lovers trope, but it's a new take on it and I just loved the characters and the story. Enchantee is another debut that was so charming. In places, this novel was a little clunky but I still really loved this Historical Fiction. 

Athena

All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher. I've read a few non fiction books from memoirs to a book about the Romanov's. The way that this book was styled with advice from Carrie to personal stories about her life was perfect. I have a strong feeling this will be in my top ten books of the year. 

Aphrodite

Fangirl I needed to slip it into this tag somewhere haha. No but really I love this story so much and I think that any reeader or writer will relate to Cath.

Hades

Evil? I'm not sure that this book will count as this but Wuthering Heights. This is a personal opinion but I didn't love this novel.

Poseidon

To Kill a Mocking Bird. I read this last year and well in love with the story and characters.

Apollo


Romanov and The Night Circus.

Hypnos


I hate to use the same book for two questions but I'm pretty easy when it comes to books. Wuthering Heights for this as well.

Hermes

The Cruel Prince. I'm a average reader who reads 3-4 books most months. I finished The Cruel Prince in like two weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of