Skip to main content

Top Ten Book Settings I want to read more of

Hello! Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday. This weekly meme is hosted by Jana @thatartsyreadergirl. This meme was born out of a love of lists. Our topic this week book settings you want to see more of (or at all). I did my own take on this because I could not really think of settings I want to see more of. Some or most of these could fall under both. This book settings I want to read more of, feel free to add recommendations in the comments. 




1- Russia

I have read a few books that take place in Russia, both were historical fiction. Russia seems to be the inspiration for Fantasy worlds, such as in the Grisha Verse, which I will read at least the first three by the end of the year. What I want is a story that is set in Russia, a modern story perhaps because Russia always seems to be Historical Fiction? I'm of Russian heritage, and I just want to see this country, a major city like Moscow, perhaps?  Romanov by Nadine Brandes is my favorite book that takes place in Russia with After Anatevka coming in second. 

2- Germany

As a fan of Historical Fiction, I've maybe one or two books that take place in Germany. These were required books when I was a kid and maybe one or two that aren't coming to mind. Anyway, Germany is all of Historical Fiction, so if you have new great World War 2 stories I'd love them? What would also make me really happy is a story in Modern Day Germany? The country could be used for more than just World War 2 stories.  The other big part of my heritage is German, so this world bring me closer to the country.

3- France

I don't know what it is about me but I've always loved France and Paris, from the time I started reading Madeline when I was small. This year I've read two books, one novel, and one Graphic Novel that take place in France. I want to read anything and everything that isn't horror or a murder mystery set in this country. Some heritage on my mother's side is French, and so these stories would bring me closer to the country. My favorite story set in France is Enchantee by Gita Trelease

4- Ireland

I have not read any book set in Ireland. Some of my dad's side of the family was part Irish, and so I've always wanted to read a story set in the country. I'm not sure of any historical events that specifically take place in Ireland, so maybe a Historical Fiction about an event or a Non-Fiction about a royal family in Ireland. Ireland could also be fun as the setting for a contemporary story about young people living in Dublin.

5- New Jersey

I am from New Jersey and lived here all my life. While I don't think this is the most fun state to live in, I really enjoy living here because it's close to the shore, and New York on the opposite end. New Jersey has never been used as far as I know? We have the shore, which is a prime location for a summer contemporary set by the beach. We have bigger cities and small towns with farm land. Honestly, I'm just surprised this state hasn't been used before. 

6- New York City/ The Theater

I know this is two but I try and keep these to only 10. I feel authors should use New York City or the theater more. I've a few books that take place in New York City, but I have not read a book that takes in the theater, or a book about a group of actors. I have Foolish Hearts on my TBR, which might fit the bill? What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera was my favorite New York City centered story.  Anyway, I feel that authors should use one of my favorite cities and my other passion more.

7- Michigan

I don't know what it but I have always have wanted to go to Michigan. I've never been to the Midwest, but I think I would like it there. Any story set in the state would be fantastic but my idea is a story about the students and staff at Interlochen, a Boarding school  with a summer program for the creative arts. Michigan is another state with large cities and small towns.

8- Chicago

The theater city of the Midwest!!!! Here is another city I've  always wanted to explore, yet I've only seen the airport. The city is so vast with a culture that me it screams the perfect location to set a novel. Whether a Historical Fiction or a contemporary story I would love this setting anyway a writer uses the city.

9- Italy

I love Italy so much!!!! I have never been, but it is really on my bucket list of places I would like to go one day. Honestly, I would love to see the story of an Italian restaurant family, but I think this would make me very hungry reading about all the food. Anyway give me all the Italy books!!!

10- New Orleans

I need more stories set in the south, and what is more south than New Orleans?! I would love any sort of story using this location. This is another place on my bucket list!

Comments

  1. Michigan has been on several lists this week. I hope you find lots of books set there. :)

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I'm a Michigan resident so I agree with you about Michigan. :) And Interlochen would be an amazing setting for a story- I've been up that way many times and there's a lot of natural beauty and a few places that could very easily be mysterious too!

    I'd like to read more set in France and Germany as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Greg! I think so as well.

      Delete
  3. I just realized I've hardly read anything that takes place in Australia and absolutely nothing in New Zealand. Those are two I'd put on my list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of