Skip to main content

NaNoWriMo day 7!!!!!!!

One week of NaNoWriMo flew by, and I feel like I'm at a better place novel wise than I was two years ago. Today I finished chapter 6, and tomorrow I start and maybe finish chapter 7 so I'm only one day behind the actual calendar! I wrote 2,810  words and I find that amazing because I was not expecting that. My total right now is: 16,547 and so I made my reach goal of 16.5 k today. Today I wrote a lot of  paragraphs and two large scenes and one or two smaller ones. The paragraphs that I'll be sharing today are my main character Phoebe, and her best friend and future love interest Rhi discussing what is going on with Rhi on the day of her adoption, and Harry Potter.


Rhi was one that was on her side, and the thing of it was that she was so excited to hear this even though she didn’t see a need to pick sides the two of them, because Phoebe knew that it wasn’t the right thing to do. The crazy thing was that Rhi wasn’t going to pick sides either but she knew that Phoebe was correct in her way of thinking, and the two of them could maybe discuss this the two of them. “ I know that you might want to talk about what’s going on with you and Lizzie, but I’m also down for not talking about that if you don’t want to talk about what’s going on but if you want to talk about something else.” The crazy thing was that as she was saying this, she could feel that Phoebe was just about to say something similar to what she had just said the two of them were on the same wave length like that. It was kind of an odd thing, that the two of them had they were just always having a feeling that they knew what the other one was thinking. “You know what’s funny I was going to say the same thing, I wanted to know if you wanted to talk about what books you were reading or anything like that” talking about books was a common pass time for the two of them. They were both very much into the Harry Potter series, they had started the books when each of them had turned nine Rhi had turned nine at the end of August, so she was a little older than Phoebe was.

“Ok so in the interest of not talking about what you and your sister were talking about earlier, what Hogwarts house would you put yourself in and also how far along on Harry Potter are you” Rhi looked at her, she so much hoped this she would make Phoebe feel better this way. “ I think that I would put myself in Ravenclaw because I’m creative and because I enjoy learning and books, I’m about halfway through the book I read a little bit of it every day what about you Rhi?” “ I also thinking that I would be in Ravenclaw because I am one that is creative, and I like school but I also feel that because of the kindness that I am maybe in Hufflepuff I am about half way through as well do you have a favorite character?” At this Phoebe thought for a moment, she did have a favorite character but she could also see herself in a hybrid house like Rhi had said. “My favorite character is Hermione because I feel like I see a lot of myself in her what about you,” at this Phoebe looked up wondering what Rhi was going to say to this she wasn’t sure what one of her best friends was going to say to this. “ The funny thing is that Heromine is also my favorite character, and I see a lot of the both of us in her as well.” It was crazy how that worked, but for the next few hours the two of them chatted about what was on their mind: books, music, school, and yes family but it was all very relaxed and chill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

Top Ten Tuesday- Books that make me smile

Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . This weekly meme was born out a love of lists, and bringing the book blogging community together. Each week, Jana will post a topic, and we readers will write a reply based on that. We also have the option of going off the chosen topic, and doing our own thing. This week our topic is Books Guaranteed to Put a Smile On Your Face. I put my own spin on this just for fun.   1- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albetalli 2- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 3- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo 4- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 5- Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks 6- Geekerella by Ashley Poston 7- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston 8- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston 9- Fearless (Fearless Series Book #1 ) by Mandy Gonzalez 10- The Chance to Fly by Ali Stoker and Stacy Davidowitz