Skip to main content

NaNoWriMo day 8

Today was a good day, it wasn't my best word count day but I banged out six paragraphs, and I went over the word count that I wanted to hit today. Today's word count total written was 2,080 and I'm really proud of that, The Total word count for the novel so far is 18,627 when it should have about 13,313 today in order to do 50k by the end of the month. The funny thing was that I was not planning on writing that much for chapter 7, the one that I'm currently working on and will finish tomorrow  but I decided as I was writing that I wanted to write up Scarlett's parents and I wanted to give her some interaction. Today's paragraphs are Scarlett and her mother getting coffee.

  ***
Scarlett and her mother were going to meet at a cafe, because she wanted to try and make it as casual as she could here because what she wanted was going to be intense enough she could feel it. “Mom hello thanks for meeting me here,” Scarlett said as she walked into the cafe and saw that her mother was already there and that she had gotten a table for the two of them. “ Scarlett hello it was my pleasure to meet you here,” today was one of the days when her mother was going to be nice to her but she could be cold to her tomorrow, her parents were odd like that with her. “Okay so should we order or should we just start and then order as the two of us are talking,” as she was saying this they had both ordered coffee it would make things easier this way. “ The funny thing is that I’m wondering why now that you want to make a peace treaty Scarlett, we’ve known you all of your life and you’ve never wanted this why now?” There it was this was very much what she was terrified of what she was going to experience today, and this was it” I would like it now because for to long I feel that I’ve been out of your lives. At that her mother had nodded, the funny thing was that this is what her mother was expecting to happen today, yes she was wanting her daughter in her life, but she didn’t want to force it “ I was hoping that you would say this because I’ve wanted you say this for a long time.” This was not the way that Scarlett was thinking today was going to go with her mother, and honestly she could say that she was shocked at the way it was going.

“This is not the way that I thought things were going to go today, and because you guys are my family I guess I’m stuck with you” Scarlett looked at her mother still in awe. “Yeah Scarlett we were never really treating you right and so it’s a good thing that you called this meeting here today.” More thing that Scarlett was not expecting to hear today, and the crazy thing was that she was still not sure why her mother was acting so nice or if she was always, well always just meaner in her head than she was being to her right now either way it was a win. “So does this mean that we can meet for coffee like this like every week, or every other week or whenever we want to talk,” Scarlett looked at her mother just to make sure that she was hearing what her mother was saying correctly and understanding what her mother was saying. “Yes that’s what I’m saying and I’m hoping that your father tells you the same thing when you see him at dinner later,” it wasn’t any wonder that her mother knew that she was having dinner with her father later. “ I love that we could do this today, and that you’re saying that I can come to you guys and talk if I ever need to talk, and also I feel that you guys are really understanding me” how crazy was it that her parents were understanding her now? Much progress was made with the coffee today, but they both had to get back to work but the fact that her mother was being so open with her was an unbelievable moment. “So in a few days do you want to meet back here, and talk about what else is going on in our lives,” at that Scarlett looked at her mother and her mother nodded in agreement that thye would meet back there in a few days. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

Top Ten Tuesday- Books that make me smile

Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . This weekly meme was born out a love of lists, and bringing the book blogging community together. Each week, Jana will post a topic, and we readers will write a reply based on that. We also have the option of going off the chosen topic, and doing our own thing. This week our topic is Books Guaranteed to Put a Smile On Your Face. I put my own spin on this just for fun.   1- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albetalli 2- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 3- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo 4- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 5- Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks 6- Geekerella by Ashley Poston 7- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston 8- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston 9- Fearless (Fearless Series Book #1 ) by Mandy Gonzalez 10- The Chance to Fly by Ali Stoker and Stacy Davidowitz