Skip to main content
Supergirl 2x08 Medusa
Airdate: November 28th, 2016
Rating:***** (5 stars)
This was the first episode the huge crossover event with the DC Universe shows on the CW this week, and I think it was a great way to start the crossover. The episode started at Thanksgiving with: Kara, Alex, Winn, and James, Kal, and Liza Alex’s mother and Kara’s adoptive mother while they’re going around and saying what they’re thankful for a portal in the wall opens, and just space is there. Kara goes to talk with Lena Luther, and at the time it seems   like Lena is open to working against her mother in a way. The villain of the week this week happen to be the White Martian who was gone by the end of the episode, he was unable to control his powers and he had fully  lost control of his powers. A computer that Kara is talking to, and the man behind the screen says that he has created some kind of a virus, and that it will spread around the city J’onn  /The White Martian is infected as he and the man that J’onn is trapped inside of Henry Henshaw who becomes Cyborg  Superman at the end of the episode. When he is dreaming in his hospital bed Kal has a dream that he is on a ship, and that he is talking to two hooded figures on this ship when he wakes up he is talking to Kara. Towards the end of the episode, Lena Luther is  helping her mother launch a rocket, this is where Kara realizes that maybe Lena is not the person that Kara thought that she was and this where both Hank and J’onn get hit in the crossfire. Maggie brings Alex a pizza but she also wants to see her, and she wants to talk to her they kiss at the end of the episode  and then  the portal comes out of the wall, and Barry and Cisco walk out.

I really loved a lot of things about this episode, the fact that we got to see a holiday or some of one anyway at the apartment because it was a way of seeing everyone that you love on the show together, at least for a short amount of time. The whole Henry and J’onn story line I loved, because I feel  like it was something that had been kind of a lead up on the show for a few weeks, and when it finally happened it was a very cool story line to watch. The Lena Luther being two sided, and working with her mother when you as the viewer know that the two of them don’t really see eye to eye, or at least that is what Lena and her mother tell you. Just seeing her working with her mother with on  the rocket, and seeing Lena press the button it was a real turning point I thought. The Alex and Maggie storyline I absolutely loved, if you follow  me on Tumblr  then you know how much I love Alex and Maggie, and seeing them kiss on the show was very satisfying for me. The fact that they are now going to potentially start dating was something that I was very much looking forward to, and I just love the dynamic that the two of them have on the show. The little appearance from Barry and Cisco at the end just put a really great episode over the time, and how excited that Kara was to see Barry again made me just so happy. Overall I think that this was a very strong episode for the crossover, and I loved how they worked Barry and Cisco in at the end if the episode.  

The one thing that I really didn’t like about this episode was the fact that it was supposed to be a crossover, and while yes we did have a crossover, I feel like the other characters could be used more in the episode. I understand that it was Supergirl, and so it was supposed to be  about that show but I don’t think that that the others were used enough. Some of the other characters could have popped up, yes Barry and Cisco did but others could have come on and been seen as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

Top Ten Tuesday- Books that make me smile

Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . This weekly meme was born out a love of lists, and bringing the book blogging community together. Each week, Jana will post a topic, and we readers will write a reply based on that. We also have the option of going off the chosen topic, and doing our own thing. This week our topic is Books Guaranteed to Put a Smile On Your Face. I put my own spin on this just for fun.   1- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albetalli 2- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 3- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo 4- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 5- Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks 6- Geekerella by Ashley Poston 7- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston 8- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston 9- Fearless (Fearless Series Book #1 ) by Mandy Gonzalez 10- The Chance to Fly by Ali Stoker and Stacy Davidowitz