Skip to main content

Nanowrimo day 3

I would like to say this as a forward, I'm not editing these post before I post them here because Nanowrimo is about getting the words on the page, and shutting down your inner editor. Today was a great day today I wrote 2,4 something words today for a total of 7,030!!!!!!  I believe this book me around two -three hours to do. Today I wrote some more of chapter two, and I started chapter 3 the first sentence anyway. I'm going to share two paragraphs about Phoebe one of my MC's meeting the new neighbor.  




“So what sort of things are you all into” Rhi asked as she guided the girls to the play room, becasue she was an only child and her mother was a baker and her father was a journalist, she had a lot of different things that she was interested in even at the age of four. The funny thing was that Phoebe really hadn’t really had anyone but her family ask her what she was interested in, and she loved this because had everything in her head and what she was going to say. “ I really like the typical girl stuff like dolls, barbies, playing house, and I’m really interested in reading” Phoebe said this and hoped that this was the answer that Rhiannon was looking for. “ I’m kind of the tom boy in the bunch, not into the super girly things but I like hot wheels, super heroes, and I take dance lessons it’s the most girly thing that I do” Lizzie wasn’t into the super girly things but she had respect for her sisters that were. “ I’m into the same things as Phoebe dolls, barbies, playing house, and we’re both really into reading what about you Rhi?” “ I really like the girly things as well playing dress up, playing house, dolls, barbies, and I really like reading as well” it was kind of crazy how much two of the three girls that were here liked the same things that she liked. The funny thing was that she hoped that this would happen, she hoped that the girls that lived next door would like her and that they would come over and introduce themselves to her.

For Lizzie this wouldn’t work out she already could tell that Rhi wasn’t going to be a friend for her, becasue her sisters were girly enough for her and she didn’t need another person that was really girly like them. “ What’s your favorite book Phoebe and Lauren,” Rhi had been reading from the time that she was three she mostly taught herself, but she did have some help with the big words. “ I really like the Madeline books and the Eloise books” Phoebe stated, and this really worked out becasue she could see the Madeline books around the room it was perfect. “ I really like Amelia Bedelia and Frog and Toad” Ren also really liked the new neighbor not as much as Phoebe probably did, but she really liked that they had a friend that was into reading just like she and Phoebe and that they could talk about books . “ I really loved all four of those books, and I would love to talk about those books with you both at some point.” It was like Lizzie was not in the room right now, and she was okay with that because she was not one that was very much into reading books but she liked that her sisters, well that her sisters had a friend honestly. After a about another hour of playing and talking the girls had to go home, the older kids were coming home from school and at this point Lucy liked being there when they got home from school. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

Top Ten Tuesday- Books that make me smile

Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . This weekly meme was born out a love of lists, and bringing the book blogging community together. Each week, Jana will post a topic, and we readers will write a reply based on that. We also have the option of going off the chosen topic, and doing our own thing. This week our topic is Books Guaranteed to Put a Smile On Your Face. I put my own spin on this just for fun.   1- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albetalli 2- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 3- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo 4- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 5- Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks 6- Geekerella by Ashley Poston 7- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston 8- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston 9- Fearless (Fearless Series Book #1 ) by Mandy Gonzalez 10- The Chance to Fly by Ali Stoker and Stacy Davidowitz