Skip to main content

NaNoWriMo day 1

The first day of National Novel Writing month went really well. I wrote for about 2 hours and the word count was 2,489 which is over the daily word count for 50 k in 30 days. Today I wrote the prologue, and I started the first chapter. Today I will be sharing the first paragraph of the prologue,  and the first paragraph of chapter 1.

Date: 1/6/2000
Scarlett wasn’t sure what she was going to do now, she didn’t know in a city of millions of people both tourist and locals alike she didn’t know what she was going to do. Scarlett was late that month, she knew this because she had to keep track of things because she was the black sheep in her family anyway. As the daughter of a doctor, an OBGYN as a matter of fact and a Public Relations person for the mayors office in New York City she was always in the spot light. Most of the time she didn’t care, as a matter of fact she liked the attention but what she didn’t like was being treated like the black sheep because of the way that she was. Scarlett Grace Adams didn’t follow the plan that was set out for her, and in this plan she was supposed to have a high paying job one that she would help people with, the trick was that she needed to be some kind of a doctor or a lawyer of some kind. Honestly Scarlett knew from an early age that she wasn’t going to be the kind of person that her parents wanted her to be, and so she should have just embraced what was and take the fact that she would be treated differently. The thing of it was that she thought her parents would one day accept her, it was odd and it was something that she knew would never happen but she still thought that one day she would be accepted. Scarlett was someone that wanted things the way that she wanted, and she was one that was stubborn and only liked to life her the way that she wanted to live her life.

 Chapter 1 the present
Date: November 1st 2016
The two girls woke up they had just turned sixteen and they were starting to get curious about their birth mother, they wanted to know who she was and why she had given them up when they were so young. They wanted to know who she was, and they had about a million different questions they wanted to ask her, and the main thing was why did she do what she did and didn’t she love them? Technically they had two more years and then they were legally adults, and so they didn’t have to live in the house of their adopted family anymore they both could go to college, and they could find their mother that way or they could just take the time and get to know their mother. “ Phoebe how excited are you to start the search for our biological mother today, I’m so excited that I can’t really contain myself and I can’t wait to get to know her!” Lizzie exclaimed as she went into the kitchen with her twin sister that morning. “ I’m really excited, but maybe no as excited as you are I actually really like living here and I love out adopted parents, it seems like you’ve been talking about this day since just after we turned thirteen.” It wasn’t that Phoebe didn’t want to find their birth mother as much as Lizzie did, but the point was that she loved the life that she was living here and she loved the adopted family that the two of them were living with. For the last sixteen years they had lived in this house, and for the last seven years they were adopted by the Ellis family and she didn’t really want to change that, she didn’t do as well with change as her twin sister did. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

Top Ten Tuesday- Books that make me smile

Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . This weekly meme was born out a love of lists, and bringing the book blogging community together. Each week, Jana will post a topic, and we readers will write a reply based on that. We also have the option of going off the chosen topic, and doing our own thing. This week our topic is Books Guaranteed to Put a Smile On Your Face. I put my own spin on this just for fun.   1- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albetalli 2- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 3- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo 4- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 5- Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks 6- Geekerella by Ashley Poston 7- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston 8- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston 9- Fearless (Fearless Series Book #1 ) by Mandy Gonzalez 10- The Chance to Fly by Ali Stoker and Stacy Davidowitz