Skip to main content

The Flash 2x08 Invasion review contains spoilers

The Flash review Episode 2x08 Invasion
Airdate:11/29/16
Rating:***** (5 stars)
The main plot of this episode was a crossover between The Flash, Kara Danvers aka Supergirl, The Legions, Arrow, Thea Queen, and Felicity al teaming up to fight the villain of the week. Wally aka Kid Flash wanted to help, but since he is just starting to get his powers it’s not a good idea Wally gets hurt in battle. The villain of the week was the Dominators a group of aliens that date back to the 50’s, and until three months ago when a recording was released with the Dominators voice. Barry tells everyone when they’re all assembled that he can’t be trusted; because he went to flash point and saved his mother   so he not only changed his timeline;but due to a ripple effect he changed other people’s timelines that were in the room. Due to this Barry wants to stay behind while the rest of the group goes to fight the Dominators, Oliver Queen aka the Green Arrow says that he will stay behind to keep an eye on Barry but the group calls them and needs their help so they go to the group. The show ended with Wally being injured, as previously said and taken to Star Labs to get help.
This show was a show with many quotable moments, here are just a few of my favorites but I would recommend that you watch this show as there are many quotes that aren’t listed here. “What makes her so super”? “Since when is Robin Hood calling the shots”? “What are you going to call when you need my help”? “Red skirt.” “People make choices and those choices affect everyone around them”.-Oliver “Hey Supergirl it’s time to see who's faster” – Barry. That one was my favorite quote of the whole show.
There were so many things about this episode that I love;, and nothing I disliked I thought that this was a perfect crossover;, and a perfect way to combine all the worlds that were on the show together. The first thing I loved was everyone teaming up to fight evil, it was  some of my favorite superheroes teaming up and fighting evil together, and I loved the family dynamic on the show. The second thing was the dialogue, which is why I gave it  a full  paragraph in this review this episode was full of so many witty lines and I couldn’t get enough of the episode. The flow, seeing as it was a crossover I wasn’t sure how the pacing and the flow were going to go, seeing as not many people were on Supergirl the other night but the flow and the pace of the show were fantastic. How everyone brought something to the table, this is something like everyone working as a team to fight evil but everyone brought their own power and their own abilities to help the team win against evil in a way.  The story it was something that was interesting, not really that new but I thought it really worked well for a crossover style show and I loved it so much. I don’t watch the show Arrow, so stay tuned for the Legions review on Friday for the conclusion of this big crossover.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

Top Ten Tuesday- Books that make me smile

Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . This weekly meme was born out a love of lists, and bringing the book blogging community together. Each week, Jana will post a topic, and we readers will write a reply based on that. We also have the option of going off the chosen topic, and doing our own thing. This week our topic is Books Guaranteed to Put a Smile On Your Face. I put my own spin on this just for fun.   1- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albetalli 2- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 3- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo 4- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 5- Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks 6- Geekerella by Ashley Poston 7- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston 8- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston 9- Fearless (Fearless Series Book #1 ) by Mandy Gonzalez 10- The Chance to Fly by Ali Stoker and Stacy Davidowitz