Skip to main content

April Wrap up& May TBR



So I over shot the number of books that I could read in April, and I have some big goals for May so I thought I would do a wrap up and TBR post in the same blog.

April

Honestly, I don't know why I didn't finish the books I had set to read last month. I was not reading the Ebooks every day, and that was the biggest problem. About halfway through the month I saw that I was just not realistically going to finish what I set out to read, and I needed to be okay with admitting that. I did finish three books and one of those was a read from start to finish so I was happy with that.

Too Much Is Not Enough by Andrew Rannells.

Rating 4.5 stars

Read from 3/12/19-4/10-19

This is a memoir by Broadway Actor Andrew Rannells. I did enjoy it but it was just not a five star read for me, and it was not the best memoir I've read.

Hotel Dare by Terry Blas with art by Claudia Aguirre

Rating - 4.5 stars

Read from- 4/1-4/17/19

This was an Earc I got from a give away from Book Riot I believe. I posted a review of  this Middle Grade Graphic Novel where I talk about my thoughts. I don't really see a need to restate them here, but if you enjoy Middle Grade, check out this book when it comes out in June.

China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan

Rating 5 stars

Read From- 3/25-4/28

I loved this book so much it was so much more dramatic than the first book but still so much fun!

May

May is a busy month for me, but I still plan on doing a lot of reading this month. I will do more a wrap up in my The Sunday Post later, but I wanted to release my TBR separately.

Finish

The Princess and the Fangirl by Ashley Poston

Sky Without Stars by Jessica Brody and Joanne Rendell

Rich People  Problems by Kevin Kwan

All For One The Alex and Eliza Trilogy #3 by Melissa De La Cruz

Start and Finish

Both of these are buddy reads for The Big Summer Readathon with The Procrastinators Book Club.

Romanov by Nadine Brandes

The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of