Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday - books I won’t let anyone touch because I might never get them back or the edition


Hello! Today is Tuesday, so it is time once again for one of my favorite bookish memes Top Ten Tuesday! Our host is Jana at thatartsyreadergirl. This week the topic was Books I won't let anyone touch. I took this as books I won't let anyone touch because of the edition I own, or it's a favorite  that I fear I would not get back.

1- Mary Poppins

I have not read this book yet but it's  on the tbr for next month. I have a nice Barnes and Noble illustrated edition. The cover is stunning and if someone touches the book, I fear I will not get the book back.

2- A Court of Mist and Fury

This is the third book in A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas. I love this book and it is my favorite of the series so far.

3- Little House on the Prairie

I read these as a kid and I loved them so much. My full edition is from Barnes and Nobel and it has pretty gold pages. Again, I fear that if someone touches this book I will not get it back.

4- A Little Princess

The cover of the B&N Edition is so cute and pink. They also use purple for the characters and the text. I have not read this classic book, but I plan on reading it this year as I think I will love it. The pages are gold foil with white pages and black text.

5- Romanov

I am in the middle of this Historical Fiction. I love the cover and the story as a whole. If someone touches this book I fear that I will never get it back.

6- Fangirl

This is my favorite YA contemporary and so it needed to make this list. I love the pink cover and Cath and Levi on it.

7- After Anatevka

As a fan of Fiddler on The Roof I knew it would need this sequel written by one of my favorite Broadway actresses. This is one of my favorite Historical Fictions and like the rest of these, I would not get the book back. 

8- A Little Bit Wicked

So there is a bit of story about this book. Kristin Chenoweth, who is one of my favorite Broadway actresses ever, wrote this memoir. She did a signing in Philly or New Jersey, and I was in tech week or had a show so I couldn't go see her. My dad went, and Kristin Chenoweth sighed the book, and wished the cast luck. I was freaking out and the whole cast I told was freaking out.

9- Jane Austen -Four Novels

I have a thick book of four Jane Austen books. This is a book I have only read one story of, and I won't let anyone touch it for fear of not getting the book back.

10- Les Miserables

I spent roughly two years of my life reading this book. Not only is this my favorite musical, I just love the story. I will let no one touch it because I might not get it back.

Comments

  1. You are probably right. People wouldn't bring back these beautiful books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That edition of the Little House on the Prairie series sounds amazing.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes sense that you wouldn't want people to touch your beautifully illustrated books. For all that they're (mostly) replaceable, physical books are still so fragile!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this huge Jane Austen book with all her novels in it. It's so heavy, I could probably use it as a weapon if I had to. I never read Les Miserables, but you reading it over a span of two years does not surprise me at all. It's so thick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Jane Austen so much! I need to read the big book I have.

      Delete
  5. I love the Barnes and Noble exclusive editions, they are gorgeous! I got Romanov as an e-book arc but it would be cool to own the finished copy. Great list!
    @Bookish Treats

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I had collectible editions, I definitely wouldn't want anyone to touch those.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of

January TBR!

Hey everyone, Steph here and Today I 'm going to post what I am going to start and maybe finish this month. I have four books on my TBR! The Cruel Prince by Holly Black Format: US Paperback Published: J anuary 2nd, 2018   Why I want to read: there was so much surrounding this book. I want to live if it lives up to the expectations, I am so excited to dive in. I love Fae so I feel this book is right up my alley. If I love this book, I will get the sequel as an Ebook. All I Know Now: Wonderings and Reflections on Growing Up Gracefully by Carrie Hope Fletcher  Format: US Paperback  Published: September 1st, 2015  Why I want to read it: so, I will be continuing this book. As an actress, I love supporting fellow stage actors when they write books. I love this book so far! What If It's Us by  Adam Silvera,  Becky Albertalli   Format: US Hardcover Published:  October 9th, 2018 Why I want to read it: I love Becky Albertalli! I'

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi