Skip to main content

The Sunday Post!


Hello! Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there! Today I will be doing the weekly meme of The Sunday Post hosted by caffeinatedbookreviewer. Our purpose is to update our readers with what is going on both on and off the blog.


Life

I was incredibly busy with Peter Pan Jr this week. Between tech week and the opening weekend, I had limited time. Opening weekend went well, and I was so happy for the kids. The students did so well and I was amazed at how well things came together. I didn't do much else this week, relaxed when I came home and before I went to the rehearsals. Today we went to brunch with my mom for mother's day and it was fantastic she loved it. 


On the Blog

Sunday- The Sunday Post

Monday- Summer of Love (Anastasia Fan fiction)

Tuesday- Top Ten Tuesday - literary characters that remind me of myself

Top Five Tuesday- Books I want to Reread

Wednesday- Top Five Wednesday- Mothers or Mother Figures in Literature 
Can't Wait Wednesday Going Off -Script 

Saturday- Bout of Books 25 tbr!


Books

I might have been busy, but I found time to read and made some progress with books.

Physical Books

Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan - 219/541. Honestly, this book might be favorite of this trilogy. There might not be as much drama as the first two, but I am here for the slow burn drama we have going on. I love these characters and will be sad when I finish this book.

Romanov by Nadine Brandes - 122/352. This is a new release that has not been out for a full week yet, but I am flying through this one! I am buddy reading this with a friend but she is behind from me. I am reading two chapters a day so that I can count it towards a reading event in a Goodreads group. If you love Anastasia read this! The novel is a Historical Fiction with a touch of magic and I love it so much!

Ebooks

The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang- 63/288. This is a buddy read with a team meet in the reading event I mentioned above. I just started it today, and it is so cute!!! I love the art and I love the story.

Sky Without Stars by Jessica Brody and Joanne Rendell - 65% done. I plan to finish this soon I only read it once last week because of lack of time, and other books taking priority. Now that I have two hours plus a day to read, I plan on reading this more. I love this story and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

The Princess and the Fangirl by Ashley Poston - 72% done. See above. This  story is a gem and I will read it for years to come! I feel this story is timely and a look at the life of con and the life of a fan. There was a moment in this book where I wanted to toss it across the room with rage, but I didn't want to break my iPad. It wasn't that I was upset that the author had written the scene; I was just upset that the scene happened to the character.




This week on the blog

This week I will be joining Bout of Books 25! I did the last one, and I won some custom book marks. The aim is to just read, and there are challenges for both Instagram and twitter or bloggers each day. For more information click here.  I don't have as much going on this week so this read a thon was perfect timing!

I plan on continuing all my current reads.

 Monday- TBD.

Tuesday-  Top Ten Tuesday-  Page to Screen Adaptations

Top Five Tuesday- Magical Creatures

Wednesday- Top Five Wednesday Sci Fi and Fantasy BFFS

Can't Wait Wednesday

Thursday or Friday-  Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks Review!

Thanks for reading!

Twitter My Goodreads

Comments

  1. Glad you had a nice Mothers Day! I love theater productions , especially when the kids really knock it out of the park. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad everything came together. I’m curious about Romanov, but I’m waiting to see more reviews before I commit to buying it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear things are going well with Peter Pan. I'm also excited to hear that you're enjoying Romanov. That's one I'm really looking forward to reading.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of