Skip to main content

Top Five Wednesday Mothers or Mother Figures in Literature


Hello! I found this meme from a few bloggers and I love it. If you would like to participate feel free to join the Goodreads Group. In honor of Mother's Day this weekend the theme is Literary Mother's or Mother Figures.  This was tough as I don't read a lot of books with mothers in them.

"Ask your heart to tell you her worth your heart will say heaven on earth. Another word for divine."- Your Mother And Mine from Peter Pan Junior.

1- Mrs. Darling from Peter Pan

Mrs. Darling makes this list because she loves and supports her children. She will fight for them and protect them.

2- Leah's Mom from Leah on the Offbeat

Leah's mother is a young single mother and I think this is what stands out most about her. She might be tough on Leah but I think that toughness is what Leah needs as it makes her a stronger character. She loves her daughter and wants what is best for her.

3- Astrid from The Crazy Rich Asians Trilogy

I know  that she is not the most perfect character in the world and she is flawed. Astrid loves her son and will do anything for him, which is why she is number three on this list. I love how much she cares about her son, and the fact that she left her husband because it would be better for her son.

4- Marmee from Little Women

This list would not be complete without one of my favorite classics. Marmee has a fierce love for her daughters and much like Mrs. Darling just wants to protect them and wants them to succeed.   With her husband at war, Marmee is the only parent for the girls, and so she needs to make sure each of them has everything they need. She also has an unconditional love for her daughters giving her the number four spot.

5- Ms Clavel from the Madeline Series

I had no idea who I wanted in the number five slot and then the light bulb went off. Madeline is an orphan who is raised by her teacher  Ms. Clavel. She might be strict, but again she only wants what is best for the girls. She cares about all twelve of the girls and wants them to be happy.  Ms. Clavel is also giving the girls life skills and wants them to succeed.

Comments

  1. I love Astrid and Kerry Chu, even Eleanor Young! They are all really flawed, but I think they want to do what's best for their children :)

    Tasya // THE LITERARY HUNTRESS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of