Skip to main content

The Sunday Post


Happy Easter! I hope you all had a lovely Holiday weekend. Today I will link to The Sunday Post hosted by caffeinatedbookreviewer.  This meme talks about our week both on and off the blog.


Life


I had a fairly laid back week. I did some reading, and I posted more content on this blog. I was so happy to have a relaxing week. April is Camp National Novel Writing Month, and my goal is 50 hours. As of right now, I am in my 37th hour of creativity time while writing this post. I am doing multiple projects this month including blog posts, professional blogs, and a fan fic. My plan for this week is to get back into my fan fiction.    I love the story but I ended up working on some other things. I went to church last night and a brunch today.


Books


I did some reading this week, but I didn't read as much as two of my four books. My plan for this week is to read more of those. As of right now, the chapters are pretty short so an hour a day or most days might get me done by the end of the month. I have no new books this week.

China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan.

I am on page 353 of 459 so I plan to finish this book within the next week. I love this book, and I love all the new characters. My favorites are still Rachel and Astrid but I do have a bit of a soft spot for Colette now that I know more about her. I'll definitely be sad when I finish the third book.

All For One by Melissa de la Cruz (Alex &Eliza  #3)

I am on page 91 of 391. I am planning on reading more of this novel in the coming weeks, and I could finish it before the end of the month. They introduce us to a new character named Emma, and I know little about her, but I can already tell that she will be one of my favorite characters in this book. Alex and Eliza are starting a family of their own, and I love that we might get to see them be parents before this novel is over.

Sky Without Stars by Jessica Brody and Joanne Rendell

I am 33% done this Ebook. The more that I read  this Les Miserables retelling the more I love it. The story this takes on is great and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.  I love Chatine so much.

The Princess and the Fangirl by Ashley Poston

I am 33% done done this Ebook. This retelling is so much fun, and I love how Jess and Imogen are together and how they interact. I started a section this which I thought would be a little later in the book, but I can't wait to see where it goes.


Finished


Hotel Dare by Terry Blas and illustrations by Claudia Aguirre

I enjoyed this Middle Grade Fantasy Earc. I thought it was a lot of fun.

On the Blog


Monday Musical Mondays- The Cher Show

Tuesday Top Ten Tuesday- Rainy Day Books
Top Five Books I predict will be five star reads

Wednesday Can't Wait Wednesday Love From A to Z 

Friday Hotel Dare E Arc Review

Plans for this coming week

Monday- I would like to do a Musical Monday's but I don't know what the show should be.

Tuesday- Top Ten Tuesday First Ten Books I reviewed

Top Five Tuesday- Fictional Friendships. The theme is  cozy mystery's, but I don't read that genre.

Wednesday- Can't Wait Wednesday

Thursday or Friday- Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy- A Graphic Novel - A Modern Retelling of Little Women- review.


Around the internet 









How was your week?

-Steph 



Comments

  1. Happy Easter to you as well. I hope you had a nice day! It sounds like you are doing great with your Camp National Novel Writing Month goal. You are almost at 50! I am so glad you are enjoying Sky Without Stars. I am really looking forward to reading that one as well. I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with progress towards your goals this week.

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your reads! They all sound pretty good. :) And good luck with NaNo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter and good luck with hitting your Camp NaNo target!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've been busy with both your reading and your writing. Good luck with meeting your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the writing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of