Skip to main content

The Easter Booktag!





Welcome Back! This month I am participating in Bookending Spring. This is an event for bloggers where prompts are posted, and  a blog will write a post on said prompt. I might go back and do some past prompts, but I wanted to do this tag! I love Easter and when I saw this was going to be posted; I jumped at the chance to do this tag! This tag was created by thecalicobooks. Here is the original tag!Credit for the images and the questions to them! 




1

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society! I  feel that this historical fiction gets brushed  aside for a book that might be more known. I loved the style of this book, a story told in letters was the perfect way to tell the narrative. I loved all the characters in the story, their friendships were everything! The romance in this book was so sweet. This novel checked all the boxes I look for in a Historical Fiction. 
2
This is sort of tough for me as I never know if a novel is a debut or not. Geekerlla was a fantastic tale of fandom and I was so here for this. I loved the characters, and I loved the world of the Con that Ashley Poston created. 


3
Another debut novel I enjoyed was Comics Will Break Your Heart. This novel was star-crossed lovers, who had feuding families in the comic industry. Basically, without spoiling the book, Miriam (Mir) had a grandfather who worked with  Weldon's grandfather. The plot might seem simple, but it was the dynamics of the families that kept me reading this. The characters were sweet and it might be one of the most real books I have read about being a high school Junior because of the main character. The romance was adorable, and I found myself rooting for Mir and Weldon. I will review this in a few weeks, I am behind on reviews I know, but this is on the list! 


4

The Amazon daily deals are like kryptonite to me sometimes. The last book was Shatter Me when it was on the deals a few days ago. I have heard the hype for the series, and because I am one that mostly follows the hype, I got the EBook to see if it lives up to all the hype. 


5

To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. I loved this book, and I thought that it was so cute, and I loved it. This was such a sweet romantic YA story without being overly romantic. I love Lara Jean and Peter!!! 
6

I believe I may have spoken about this in the past. Jane Eyre because it was the first classic that I picked up on my own. This was not a required reading for a high school or college reading. I was swept into the world of this Gothic novel, and I was so here for Jane as a character! I credit this book as changing my view on reading. 


7

There were surprise twist in Last of Her Name. This was an Anastasia retelling, but I was still surprised by a  lot of this book while reading it. 

I am supposed to tag bloggers, so if you see this, and you're a blogger who wants to do the tag, feel free to say that I tagged you!!! 


Comments

  1. Thank you for doing this! I really enjoyed reading your answers!! I really loved To All the Boys I've Loved Before, too! I almost chose that book for that question, actually! 😂 I've been meaning to read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and Last of Her Name definitely sounds like an intriguing read! 😊

    Theresa | https://thecalicobooks.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

Top Ten Tuesday- Books that make me smile

Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . This weekly meme was born out a love of lists, and bringing the book blogging community together. Each week, Jana will post a topic, and we readers will write a reply based on that. We also have the option of going off the chosen topic, and doing our own thing. This week our topic is Books Guaranteed to Put a Smile On Your Face. I put my own spin on this just for fun.   1- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albetalli 2- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 3- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo 4- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 5- Comics Will Break Your Heart by Faith Erin Hicks 6- Geekerella by Ashley Poston 7- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston 8- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston 9- Fearless (Fearless Series Book #1 ) by Mandy Gonzalez 10- The Chance to Fly by Ali Stoker and Stacy Davidowitz