Skip to main content

The Sunday Post and Stacking the Shelves!


Hello! I have been wanting a meme where I could discuss my week both inside and outside of my blog. This is when I heard about caffeinatedbookreviewer.com hosting a discussion that fits this topic perfectly.Here is the post about The Sunday post if you would like to find out more!  Tynga Reviews also hosts Stacking the Shelves, so I will link to both.


Books I made progress with

I am actively reading a lot of books right now, but I love the change between each and every book I read.

I am on page 93 of 144 in Hotel Dare by Terry Blas. This is a PDF E Arc I won in a giveaway. I plan on finishing and reviewing this book this week. The book is middle grade, and it is a lot of fun to read. In this book there is a character named Olive, and she is a delight.

I am currently on page 200 of 479 in China Rich Girlfriend (Crazy Rich Asians # 2) by Kevin Kwan. Honestly, I didn't think it was possible, but I am enjoying this book more than I did the first one. I love the new characters and I love where the story is going in this book. I could write for days about my love for Rachel and Astrid. While I could never choose between them for my favorite character, I say they both are.

Sky Without Stars by Jessica Brody and Joanne Rendell is an Ebook I'm reading. I am 20% done with it; I plan on finding  more time to read this book in the coming week. I am enjoying the characters, world, and the story so much, and I can't wait to see where it goes from here. So far, my favorite character is Chatine/Theo, as she is inspired by my favorite character in Les Miserables.

The Princess and the Fangirl  by Ashley Poston is a retelling of The Prince and the Pauper. I am 22% done, and again, I plan on making more time for this Ebook this coming week. I love this cute book so much. My favorite character is Imogen because honestly I can relate to her.

Books Started

After the release on Tuesday, I started All For One (Alex&Eliza # 3) by Melissa de la Cruz. I have enjoyed this trilogy, and even though I am on page 46/366 I feel safe in saying that this is my favorite book in the series. Eliza is a gem and I love her so much.

Books Finished

I finished one book this week. Too Much Is Not Enough by Andrew Rannells was a lot of fun. I have not found a good way to write a review about a non-fiction book, but I rated this book 4.5 stars. If you're a fan of Andrew from his work on the stage or on TV, you will love this book.

Around the Internet

This is where I will feature posts I love that  I feel my readers will  enjoy as well.

Mari at musingsofabookgirl.com posted a blog on Trigger Warnings last week. I am new follower of Mari, but I wanted to feature this post because I feel it is needed with how the world is today. I whole hardheartedly agree with what Mari says.

New Books

I got one new book this week. Today, I purchased A Very Large Expansive Sea by Tahereh Mafi. The book is on the Kindle deals and so it was the perfect opportunity to grab it. The book has been on my radar for a while.

Blogging

Last week I had every intention of posting more content. This didn't work out as planned, but I am happy with the content I posted.

The Easter Booktag

Top Ten Tuesday- Characters I want as family

Can't Wait Wednesday - The Bookish Life of Nina Hill

My Blog Lovin Link! Also on the side bar

INFJ Literary Characters

The plan for this week is:

Monday- Musical Monday's- The Cher Show

Tuesday-Top Ten Tuesdays- Rainy Day Reads

Wednesday- Can't Wait Wednesday

Thursday or Friday-   Hotel Dare  Review

Life

This week was not as crazy as some weeks. Last Sunday, I went to Baltimore for the day with my family, for my cousins last choir concert.  I had a work blog due, so I spent a chuck of time on that. I added maybe 500 words and change to my fan fiction I'm working on for Camp Nano, so I will work on that more this week for an update on Friday. On Friday night, my family and I went to the preview of Marvel: Universe of Superheroes.  The Exhibit is at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia. Here are some photos, but I would recommend this for anyone who loves Marvel.    


With the weather getting warmer, we have gardened in the back yard. I love it.

Music I listened to this week

I am a huge fan of music, so I want to highlight  the new music I listen to in this post.

As I write this post, I am listening to Ben Platt's album Sing To Me Instead. I reviewed this, and I love all the songs on the album. My favorite songs are Grow As We Go, Ease My Mind, Share Your Address, and Better. Ben Platt is  so talented and I am so happy that his album is finally here.

Amidst The Chaos, the new album from singer song writer Sara  Barelilles was released  the Friday before last, and I have been loving it. I saw Sara as Jenna in Waitress on Broadway last year. I would say this is the most personal album that Sara has put out. My favorite songs are Armor, Fire, and Saint Honesty. This is my favorite album Sara has put out.  I got tickets to the Philadelphia tour stop in November!

The latest cast recording to  release was The Cher Show with a digital release on Friday. I don't want to talk about this much, as I plan on making a blog on the topic tomorrow. I can tell you that this cast recording is delightful.

Comments

  1. The Marvel exhibit looks like a lot of fun! And I like how you're highlighting the music you listen to as well as the books you are reading. Also, The Princess and the Fangirl sounds great; I've put it on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was yes! So, The Princess and the Fangirl is a companion novel for Geekerlla. While it is not needed, their is crossover with characters in this novel.

      Delete
  2. I often have multiple books on the go at once too.
    The marvel event looks awesome. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good things about Melissa de la Cruz. I think I read a short story by her once in an anthology, a few years ago? Anyway hope all your books are good. And welcome to the SP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have enjoyed this trilogy, it was the first books I've read by her.

      Delete
  4. I always have multiple books going at a time, I can't read any other way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The exhibit looks fun.
    Have a great reading week:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Marvel exhibit looks really cool! I hope you're enjoying all of your reads. I really enjoyed Sky Without Stars when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I LOVE Sara Bareilles, have several of her albums and was wondering about this one.

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of