Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday- Books I would take on a Desert Island

Welcome back! As always Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme where bloggers post lists based on a prompt. I am having such a fun time with these and I don't think I will stop doing them. Our host is Jana@thatartsyreadergirl. Today's topic is inspirational or thought-provoking book quotes. I don't really use book quotes all that much, and I know that I should more. Today, I have changed the topic to Books I would take on a Desert Island. This was a post I found on brokeandbookish. I am only posting physical books that I have as I am sure that the island will not have wifi for Kindle.


1- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

I know I can hear your sighs from here. There is no way that I could go a desert island without my favorite YA book.



2- Percy Jackson and the Olympians - The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

I was not an active book blogger back in 2017. I binge read this series as an adult and I loved it so much! I would need this book here as I love this Middle Grade series. The world is great and I love it. 

3- Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee

I've talked about this on the blog before but I would bring this. I  would need this as it is such a fun YA novel.

4- Madeline and the Bad Hat by Ludwig Bemelmans

When I was a child I was obsessed with Madeline. It all started with my grandmother and I loved all these stories so much. This particular one is great because it has the character of  Pepito. This story is a joy and I love how developed it is. I would need this because it is such childhood nostalgia  for me. 

5- The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee

This is a historical fiction that I love so much. Felicity is a fantastic character with so much depth and I was so here for it. I would need it because I need a break from the YA and the childhood nostalgia. 

6- A Court of Wing and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas

I raved about this series last week. This is my favorite book of this series  as it has a lot of plots, character development, and world that draws you in and makes you want to keep reading.

7- After Anatevka by Alexandra Silber

I know that I talked about this book a lot. I discussed this novel in  a previous post but I just love this novel a lot. Historical Fiction is one of my main genre's and I love it so much. This novel is charming and has so much heart. 

8-  All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher

This is a memoir and  I would need a break with all of these heavy duty books. The book is part memoir and part life advice from Carrie and I was so here for the vibes in this.

9- White Hot Grief Parade by Alexandra Silber

This is  her memoir, and I loved this book so much. I would need it because of all the heavy books I have on this list. This is another heavy book, but it has a lot of wit and heart dished in. 

10-  Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston

I loved this book in 2018! This is an Anastasia retelling set in space  and I just ate this book up. I will have to read it again this  summer because the sequel comes out in July. 

Comments

  1. Heart of Iron sounds really good.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this topic. I also adored Tash Hearts Tolstoy. Should give that one a reread soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read it since the first time I read it. I should reread it soon as well.

      Delete
  3. I always like this desert island topic! I find myself wanting to do it over and over haha. Always with different books naturally. :)

    Fangirl is a great choice, and I haven't read the Percy Jackson books but they seem like they'd be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fangirl is one of my all time favrotie books. I hope you enjoy the Percy Jackson series if you ever read it.

      Delete
  4. Ooooh fun topic. I love that you picked Court of Wings and Ruin because it's probably the one that people were most disappointed in but I adored it and have no idea what people are talking about lol so good!

    www.tbrandbeyond.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, there are a couple of titles here I didn't know about -- awesome list, AND topic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Fangirl & A Court of Wing and Ruin - or any other book by Sarah J. Maas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! I always think I have an idea of what books I'd want to keep with me no matter what, i.e., on a desert island, but I feel like I can't pick! Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday- characters that remind me of myself

Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly meme where readers discuss ten or whatever number you would like to have based on a prompt. Our host is Jana at  thatartsyreadergirl . Our topic this week is Characters Like Myself. I am going to take a two words that each character has in in my opinion,  and discuss how that relates to me  as well. 1- Cather Avery from Fangirl Writer- At her core, Cath is a writer, and she loves her stories. I am a writer of both Fan Fiction and original stories like Cath so this was an automatic in for this. Both of us love our work and we tend to through ourselves whole hardheartedly into our work. Sisters- I might have mentioned this on the blog before but I have a younger sister and we’re only roughly 18 months a part. Cath and her twin sister Wren are polar  opposites and this is me and my sister. My younger sister is an extrovert and into science. I on the other hand,  am an introverted creative bookworm.  2- Miriam Kendrick from C

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Books of the Year Part 1 (12-21)

    Hi! Jana hosts Top Ten Tuesday @ thatartsyreadergirl . The purpose of this meme was to bring the book blogging community together and foster our love of lists. Each week, Jana posts a topic, and we readers respond based on that prompt. This week our topic is a freebie, so I decided to make my list of my top ten reads part one.   Middle Grade 12- Never After by Melissa de la Cruz I'm almost done with this book. It's a duology, and I loved the new twist on fairy tales.    YA 13- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith I read this early in the year and it stuck with me. This YA Contemporary about gaming and the culture of the gaming industry was fantastic.  14- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak It took me years to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I love the unique narrator, the characters, and the story.  15- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas This is another backlist release. I loved this book, and I knew when I read it that it had the potential to be on this list. I still thi

2019 Book Resolutions Tag!

Hey everyone! So Thursdays on the blog I am going to post a new tag. I think tags are so much fun, and I enjoy the time to reflect on what I’ve read in the past, or what I want to read. Images come from Goodreads. I grabbed the questions from  this blog 1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before). Leigh Bardugo! I have heard such great things about the Grisha verse, so I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have a feeling it will, and I am intrigued by the world. I got the first three books in the series as one large Ebook , so I ’m going to start that next month. I can’t wait to go on the journey and be immersed in a new series!  2. A book you’d like to read. Romanov by Nadine Brandes I love Anastasia and the Romanov family. This looks like such a fantastic retelling. I am drawn in just reading the blurb on Goodreads.  3. A classic you’d like to read. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve had the Barnes and Nobel edition of